How to recover from SD card??

RockyLane

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I bricked my phone, but I am able to get to the power on menu to select reboot, recover,sd, etc. I have no files in my phone. Whenever I go to recovery or reboot, no files found.

I would like to recovery (factory reset or anything) from my sd card, but I am confused as to which files to put on the SD card. So many posts.

I put some files on the SD card using my IMAC through a SD card holder, but still unable to recover. Do I need to use a windows pc?

I am somewhat of a novice, so step by step would be great or better yet a video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bricked my phone, but I am able to get to the power on menu to select reboot, recover,sd, etc. I have no files in my phone. Whenever I go to recovery or reboot, no files found.

I would like to recovery (factory reset or anything) from my sd card, but I am confused as to which files to put on the SD card. So many posts.

I put some files on the SD card using my IMAC through a SD card holder, but still unable to recover. Do I need to use a windows pc?

I am somewhat of a novice, so step by step would be great or better yet a video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You can try to find a stock ROM file to get you back and running, and try installing that from your SD card. Just to clarify, you put files on your card and your device can't read them? If that is the case, you can try a different SD card, but if it can't read the other one, then you do have a brick.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If you have the stock recovery and the phone was never rooted, then once in the recovery select the:
wipe data/factory reset option.

You can also try the ZV9 security update from Virgin Mobile. Put the zip on the root of the sd card (not in any folder). Then go to the stock recovery and select the update option.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Cyrene820

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
OK! In my experiences, you can insert this SD card on a computer and see whether your files could be restored there with the help of some data recovery software like 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery, Recuva and PhotoRec, etc.
Or consult some phone experts to see whether they can give you some efficient suggestions.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon