Help I broke my phone's WIFI

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I somehow broke my phone's wifi last night. I don't know how, I'm thinking I just banged my phone on something or dropped it. My wifi won't work anymore. My phone won't connect to anything or show any available wifi routers. It just says wifi disconnected instead of "attempting to connect" or "connected". This morning when I restarted it multiple times, it reconnected to my apartment's wifi but I'm not sure how long it took. I left it on my bed stand and when I came back to it, it was wifi connected. I then turned it off again when I went outside. I can't reconnect again. What do you guys think? Is it broken? I might've left it on all night last night and maybe that overheated whatever component connects to wifi? Should I just buy a new LG OV? /Would I still get to keep my $25 plan?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The only way to keep $25.00 plan is to buy a phone that was released during that plan.

First: Delete/Ignore network on phone and turn off. Turn off router and unplug from power. Wait 5 minutes.
Turn on Router and let it fully reboot. Turn on phone and sign into network.

If that doesn't work:
If it's never been rooted, try a factory reset. This will return phone to out of box state.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It's my phone and not my router. It seems my phone doesn't scan for any wifi signals anymore. I'm rooted running a november 2012 version of mirage.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I disagree.
Now that I know the OP has a custom ROM, he needs to establish weather it is the ROM that's bad, or the phone.

To the OP:
Flash a Froyo ROM like the Resurrected Bumblebee. If problem still persists, it's a hardware issue and can't be fixed.
If it fixes the problem, it was a corrupt ROM at fault. Download and flash a fresh ROM and Gapos, only this time, use the BobZohme VM670NH recovery to flash them.
Make sure you wipe and format everything but the SD card.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I disagree.
Now that I know the OP has a custom ROM, he needs to establish weather it is the ROM that's bad, or the phone.

To the OP:
Flash a Froyo ROM like the Resurrected Bumblebee. If problem still persists, it's a hardware issue and can't be fixed.
If it fixes the problem, it was a corrupt ROM at fault. Download and flash a fresh ROM and Gapos, only this time, use the BobZohme VM670NH recovery to flash them.
Make sure you wipe and format everything but the SD card.

Andy, what are you disagreeing to?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The OP just needs to flash a Froyo ROM like the Resurrected Bumblebee to determine if their problem is ROM or hardware related.

That's quicker and easier than trying to find some utility that you didn't link them to or explain how to use (I tried finding it and came up empty).

The Resurrected Bumblebee is an easy Google, and if they have already flashed a ROM, needs no explaining.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The OP just needs to flash a Froyo ROM like the Resurrected Bumblebee to determine if their problem is ROM or hardware related.

That's quicker and easier than trying to find some utility that you didn't link them to or explain how to use (I tried finding it and came up empty).

The Resurrected Bumblebee is an easy Google, and if they have already flashed a ROM, needs no explaining.

Rhodes is LeslieAnns Froyo ROM. So I should have added ROM to Rhodes utility. http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/179564-rom-rhode-utility-froyo-activation-troubleshooting-12june12.html

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Now that is what the OP needs. Thanks for being more specific and adding link for OP.

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help! I deleted all 5-6 remembered routers and all of a sudden all the nearby wifi signals popped up. I guess it was something with the rom which is so odd since I have never encountered it before in almost a year of usage. Once again, thank you very much for the suggestions, I'm glad I didn't have to flash a froyo rom and make a nandroid etc... :)