Optimus V (Virgin Mobile)

MrSlim71

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I am now a proud owner of the 'LG Optimus V' (modeled after the 'Optimus S' from Sprint) from Virgin Mobile. I just got it today from a Target in the greater Chicagoland area. The activation period takes 1-3 days, maybe since I'm porting my phone # from one carrier to another. This will be my very 1st Android phone and I can't wait to use!!! :)

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am now a proud owner of the 'LG Optimus V' (modeled after the 'Optimus S' from Sprint) from Virgin Mobile. I just got it today from a Target in the greater Chicagoland area. The activation period takes 1-3 days, maybe since I'm porting my phone # from one carrier to another. This will be my very 1st Android phone and I can't wait to use!!! :)

Cool! What did you have before?

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
looks like someone is going to need a new subsection now.

can't wait to find out more details as far as whats different.

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got this from portland metro area. Hotspot is removed. Did somebody say they need a dump from this?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got this from portland metro area. Hotspot is removed. Did somebody say they need a dump from this?

For sure! I asked on the Howard forums, a few people have them over there. No luck though, I even offered to walk someone through it. A system dump would be AWESOME! :D It didnt prompt you to install a ID did it? I heard the OS is pretty vanilla, just what is needed for a AOSP rom.

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope no id. I'm familiar with adb but don't know specifics to pull it.

I am assuming you have installed the LG drivers for adb to work, if not follow THIS thread. Once you have adb up and running the commands are as follows...

Make a folder on C: call it systemdump (or what ever you want).

Open command window.

CD to where adb is located with phone connected to pc (with debugging mode turned on).

Type adb pull /system c:/systemdump (or what ever you named the folder)

That should do it, zip and upload the file to 4shared or someplace the does file hosting, done :)

Thanks

MrSlim71

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy to report that the 'Optimus V' is AWESOME!!! My phone was activated late last night and I can't put it down! I've already added a ton of apps on it. IMO, the only drawback is the short battery life. Other than that, I really don't have any complaints, so far. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01