04-12-2014 09:40 PM
50 12
tools
    are you dialing with the country code?
    I live in the US. I'm dialing 10 digit numbers. Area code+phone number.

Feel like I may be missin a step..but don't see why my status would be green if I was.
    02-24-2011 04:14 PM
    I live in the USA as well. Try adding a 1 when you dial the 10 digit number and see if it goes through.

I have a replace rule in place because my sip provider wants a 1 in front of all numbers.
    02-24-2011 05:23 PM
    I live in the USA as well. Try adding a 1 when you dial the 10 digit number and see if it goes through.

I have a replace rule in place because my sip provider wants a 1 in front of all numbers.
    Nope same thing happens. No mb is transfered either in the 4 seconds it takes to hang up. Status still green. Is there a separate account I need to make besides pbxes and google voice? Or maybe settings in sipdroid/pbxes I'm missing.
    02-24-2011 05:56 PM
    I couldn't get it to work the way you are describing, although I was told it would work. I ended up getting a # from ipkall to make it happen.

Here is a link to set up pbxes.org to work without giving them your google login. Link
    02-24-2011 06:29 PM
    I couldn't get it to work the way you are describing, although I was told it would work. I ended up getting a # from ipkall to make it happen.

Here is a link to set up pbxes.org to work without giving them your google login. Link

I got Acrobits Softphone, for the last step, what settings do I put in? I don't mind using my google voice number since I made a new random one. I'd rather use the same settings you did, cause with the settings provided in the last step, it doesn't verify the service. So I'm wonderin what app you used and what settings you used, thanks.

Edit: Tried it with google voice at end with sipdroid, when it calls me, I type in the two digit verification code and apparently it doesn't work. Has to be somethin I'm missin -.-
    02-24-2011 07:28 PM
    The softphone needs to have the pbxes login info: user: XXXX-100 pass: same as you input on pbxes and on the ipkall site. server: pbxes.org . I didn't use any other settings.

Have google voice forward to the ipkall #. The verification code will pop up and your softphone should ring on your phone (you should get some sort of indicator letting you know that you are connected to pbxes - just like you did with sipdroid.

The tutorial doesn't use it, but I also set up gv call back with a modified version of sipdroid which I downloaded from the link in the app.

hth
    02-24-2011 08:43 PM
    The softphone needs to have the pbxes login info: user: XXXX-100 pass: same as you input on pbxes and on the ipkall site. server: pbxes.org . I didn't use any other settings.

Have google voice forward to the ipkall #. The verification code will pop up and your softphone should ring on your phone (you should get some sort of indicator letting you know that you are connected to pbxes - just like you did with sipdroid.

The tutorial doesn't use it, but I also set up gv call back with a modified version of sipdroid which I downloaded from the link in the app.

hth
    Oh okay I'll try that, what softphone did you use? Thanks for the help.
    02-24-2011 09:42 PM
    I used 3cx which is free. The PC version also works (I used the PC version to pre-setup a number for my daughter.)
    02-25-2011 07:36 AM
    I used 3cx which is free. The PC version also works (I used the PC version to pre-setup a number for my daughter.)
    Yeah I don't think it's what I'm doin wrong, but what I'm using. I've tried 3 different softphones, each time I get to the verification part, I type in the 2 digit verification code with the apps keyboard, and apparently it doesn't go through because google never recognizes it. It may be that I'm runnin aosp 2.3 rom and they don't support 2.3. I always receive the call, but just can't verify. Can't make calls either because of this. Not sure. Thanks though.

Reverted back to 2.2, same issue, when I enter the 2 key verification code, it doesn't go through, lady just keeps repeatin "Im sorry, I didnt understand you". Tried your softphone app too. Sent you a PM hoffman
    02-25-2011 08:16 AM
    I've set up sipdroid and linked it to GV on the install. I got sipdriod to make outgoing calls using only Wifi; however, I can't seem to get incoming calls through the wifi.

Any suggestions? I set forwards on GV to google chat. When I call my GV number, I don't receive the call. But I do receive a missed call messege afterwards.

Thanks...
    02-28-2011 12:59 PM
    Use this guide Sipdroid - Free VOIP Via Google Voice

I have it setup to make calls over wifi and 3g through the main dialer all you have to do is add a "+" to the end of the number you want to call.
    Elmdor likes this.
    02-28-2011 03:03 PM
    Use this guide Sipdroid - Free VOIP Via Google Voice

I have it setup to make calls over wifi and 3g through the main dialer all you have to do is add a "+" to the end of the number you want to call.
    I couldn't figure this crap out until I used the guide on droidxforums, put it in simple language for me! Thanks!
    02-28-2011 07:50 PM
    I couldn't figure this crap out until I used the guide on droidxforums, put it in simple language for me! Thanks!
    Can you pls post the link on droidxdorums or pm me? Can't believe somebody hasn't posted the tutorial on this topic and sticky it.
    02-28-2011 08:25 PM
    Can you pls post the link on droidxdorums or pm me? Can't believe somebody hasn't posted the tutorial on this topic and sticky it.
    Sipdroid - Free VOIP Via Google Voice
    phoaddict likes this.
    02-28-2011 08:45 PM
    Just a note..id setup an alternate gmail and voice account to use, see detail in the droidxforum link above.
    02-28-2011 10:19 PM
    FREE MINS on android phone internet connection 3g wifi anything...
    Here is how i got "sipdroid" APP working - It gives you unlimited minutes for you phone legit, quality is like skype. As far as i understand you phone becomes like a network computer with ip address that links to you google voice number.
    advanced/noob guide:
    1)must have google voice number, you can get it by referrals from previous owners, make sure you setup your phone to use with correct @gmail.com account the first time you are using for google voice
    2)install google voice app on your android phone (phone like virgin mobile optimus v comes with google talk but you need to setup google voice app anyway 1st setup properly for sipdroid/or csipsimple to work)
    2)in Google Voice settings using your home computer, port forward your number in settings to "google chat" also make sure when testing incoming calls the phone number you are calling from to google voice number is not listed in gmail/google voice webpage b.c. it takes you straight to you mailbox.
    3)launch sipdroid you should see an option to setup a free pbxes account when you open sipdroid app. if you see only two inputs at the top you done it wrong, not properly setup google voice app most likely
    4) after you made your new pbxes account using sipdroid you should first see a yellow light in top left corner of you phone or any indicator spot that will turn green if your connection is ON (wifi tend to turn off by default when screen goes black 3g will keep you connection alive)
    good luck, took me 2 days to figure it all out and i just got the basics he-he

optional use csipsimple as alternative app after setting everything up and making sure sipdroid works
    03-02-2011 09:12 AM
    You used to have to use the App Google call back for outgoing, but I guess now that is obsolete?
    03-07-2011 09:20 PM
    You used to have to use the App Google call back for outgoing, but I guess now that is obsolete?
    I use the gvcb app. I believe what it essentially does is allows you to have you gv number show as the caller id. I like the app because it starts sipdroid for you. I leave everything off most of the time. When I want to call over wifi, I hit the gvcb widget and the rest is auto-magic.

**I should note that the gvcb developer says you need a modified version of sipdroid for it to work well. A google search will give you the results.
    03-07-2011 09:27 PM
    I just called directly using sipdroid, with no use of google call back (just logged in with my google voice info in sipdroid), and it still showed my google voice number. So I don't think it's needed anymore.
    03-07-2011 09:42 PM
    I just called directly using sipdroid, with no use of google call back (just logged in with my google voice info in sipdroid), and it still showed my google voice number. So I don't think it's needed anymore.
    hmm...good to know. thanks
    03-07-2011 09:50 PM
    Iv gone threw the Lg Optimus v section and could not find any info on how to get google voice to actully use data, so i was woundering if anyone knew the process of doing this? I have attempted this on my own I rooted my phone and download Google talk and Gvoice callback and it still using mins,

In short lets get the ball rolling! if there is a guide for it to work on Vm with lg optimus v please send me a link
    I got this from "snow02" over at droid X forums and it works great

Sipdroid - Free VOIP Via Google Voice

1. Get google voice if you don't have it. You do have to set this up from a computer as they don't allow account setup over mobile browsers. Make sure it's under the same account as the one linked to your phone (and consequently, market account). If it's not, and you don't want to make a new voice account, you can still get this to work, see post #3 below.
    Install the google voice app from the market and sign in.

2. Download Sipdroid from the market and install it.

3. On initially starting the app, there will be a button at the bottom that says set up a free pbxes account to link with google voice. Press it.

4. It will automatically fill in a pbxes account name with your gmail account name. Change this if you wish, just write down what you enter.

5. You'll see right below that, it filled in the name of the gmail account linked to your phone. Again, this is important, and where I messed up, because I had a different google voice account than the account linked to my phone. For the password, make sure you enter the password for the google voice account listed.

6. In the Settings Menu:

Press Call Options

Press Preferred Call Type

Set it to Phone

Then, in the google voice app settings, set your Google Voice options to never use google voice. To dial using sipdroid, in the main phone dialer add a + to the end of the phone number like: 555-555-5555+. This will trigger sipdroid to make the call, but prevent you from getting a prompt every time you want to place a regular phone call. Or, you can dial from the sipdroid app by entering the number on the main screen and pressing enter.
    In the main settings screen, press the SIP Account at the top, scroll down and make sure you check 3G and EDGE to enable cell data calls.

7. That's it! Make sure you write down or remember your pbxes account name in case you have to reinstall sipdroid.
    Now, try it out. Dial as instructed in step 7 and make sure it works.
    And if you're still not 100% sure this is actually working over data, do this.
    - From the dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#*
    - Choose Phone Information
    - Scroll Down and where it says CDMA auto (prl), tap that and change it to EVDO only. This will keep your data connection alive and disable your cellular radio.
    - Try Sipdroid again. Still works. Just don't forget to change your radio back to CDMA auto...
    Also, with this configuration, incoming calls to google voice may reach your phone via cellular, and not data. If you want to remove the possibility of incoming calls going over cellular, sign into google voice, and under settings, uncheck mobile. Just leave google chat checked. Now incoming calls can only forward using VOIP. Note, this setting has no influence on outgoing calls via sipdroid, they will always use a data connection. But if, for instance, you were overseas and using this to accept free incoming calls, you would absolutely want to make sure mobile is not checked.
    I'm pretty comfortable with how this works at this point, so if you have any questions, just ask.
    03-15-2011 10:10 PM
    Google Voice Callback is used to allow sipdroid calling from Contacts (as opposed to calling only via opening sipdroid and typing in the number). That is my understanding of the need, unless someone has found another way to do VOIP calls directly from Contacts.

Follow these instructions by adigo on howardforums for Google Voice Callback installation and use (second and third paragraph)
    03-16-2011 06:08 AM
    Google Voice Callback is used to allow sipdroid calling from Contacts (as opposed to calling only via opening sipdroid and typing in the number). That is my understanding of the need, unless someone has found another way to do VOIP calls directly from Contacts.

Follow these instructions by adigo on howardforums for Google Voice Callback installation and use (second and third paragraph)
    No. I can call from my contacts, and a popup is presented. I choose Phone or Sipdroid. I can do all of that without Google Voice callback.
    jj2me likes this.
    03-16-2011 07:09 AM
    I really like the Orbtalk Softphone. You can be up and running in seconds! Available on the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...co.orbtalk.sip
    04-08-2014 07:58 AM
    I broke down and bought GrooveIP. I found configuring any other alternatives mind numbing. I've been using GrooveIP for a couple years now and have been quite happy with it. It was well worth the 5 bucks. It has saved me hundreds over the years.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-12-2014 09:40 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD