Help with some games plz

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've got my v rooted with stock rom xionia beta 2. I'm just having problems with games. I've seen on YouTube people playing games like dungeon hunters, modern combat sandstorm, and other "HD" labeled games on their optimus one's, S's, etc. Why can't I seem to get any of these games to work on mine? Maybe I'm downloading the wrong versions? I dl'd dungeon hunters 3.5.5ish from mediafire and dl'd the extra files after the install but it didn't fit on the screen. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I really wanna play dungeon hunters an modern combat. So please help and thanks in advance.

mydenver

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Your problem is that you are loading illegal copies of games...you need to buy them from the android market and then they will work...also go to gameloft.com to buy gameloft games. None of them are available yet for the V. They have to be fine tuned for each device based on screen resolution, GPU, CPU, etc... You can't just download illegal copies of games from an illegal website and then wonder why they don't work. Also, a lot of games are designed to check if the copy is legal or not and the game disables if it isn't. Most of the games are a dollar or two. It's not like an xbox where they are $60. If you can afford that beer you are holding in your hand right now, then you can afford to pay a developer a couple of dollars for an awesome game.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
OK well that's an answer. I didn't download them to get it free, I did it because they aren't on the market. I understand paying for games (although there is no beer in my hand becase I can't afford it) but if I can't find a game on the market that I know exists I'm gonna look other places. So please, I don't need a lecture about legality, but thank you for your help. Also, why would they need to fine tune anything for an optimus v when its already available and working fine on every other optimus version with the same hardware?

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I emailed gameloft regarding the compatibility of their games. They said that dungeon hunters and modern combat are not compatible, even though I've seen them played on optimus line phones. So if anyone can hep me figure out how to get them, I'd greatly appreciate it. He also said he doesn't know why some games are not compatible with certain phones even though they're the same model. So that's helpful. Here's a video of dungeon hunters playing on the optimus one.
YouTube - Dungeon Hunter gameplay on LG Optimus One (P500)