Optimus V case

Sitrane

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Just for confirmation:

Optimus S cases will work for the Optimus V correct?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I didn't find anything on the forum here stating "yay" or "nah".

Thanks!:p

-SITRANE-

Sitrane

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Oooo....Otterbox...

Thanks very much for the input guys!

Special thanks to sdxben with the coupon code; totally works and mine is ordered =)

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the Body Glove case for the S and it fits fine with holes in all the right places. It also has a button option for most models that allows it to be used with the supplied belt clip/kickstand, and certain car mounts.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
TVCCS,

On another forum you said you bought the dock for the V. Do you take off the case for use in the dock, and if so, is that a pain?

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
TVCCS,

On another forum you said you bought the dock for the V. Do you take off the case for use in the dock, and if so, is that a pain?

I bought the Verizon Media Charging Dock (cradle) they sell for the LG Vortex...but ended up deciding I wanted the phone to stay in the case all the time. The LG Vortex Navigational Mount Verizon sells is still the best car mount I've seen for the V, but the phone can't be in a case to use it.

I use a mount for the car (from Pro.Fit International) that accepts the button the Body Glove case has...and instead of using the Vortex dock/cradle, I just rest the phone horizontally (in the case) on a $4 business card holder I got from Staples, and plug it in there. I can watch movies or videos with the phone that way, and I can use the kickstand that's part of the Body Glove case clip when I'm out and about, if needed. I like carrying a phone on my belt and have for a decade.

You can use a coin to pop the Body Glove case for the V off in about 5 seconds, if desired...they make the case with a hard plastic coin slot in the lower left corner to help pop the case.

I like both the dock/cradle and the car mount Verizon sells for the LG Vortex, but keeping the phone in a case all the time was the most important thing for me, in the end. Using the Pro.Fit car mount and the business card stand allows me to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jj2me

Nimh27

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
In response to the OP, Yea from me. Both the screen protectors and the case I picked up for the S worked for my V flawlessly.

I use the Body Glove case for the S and it fits fine with holes in all the right places. It also has a button option for most models that allows it to be used with the supplied belt clip/kickstand, and certain car mounts.

+1. Very happy with the Body Glove case.

ebnight

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the otterbox case that came out today for the the optimus. It looks really sweet :)

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

xgh05tx

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i just got the otterbox in the mail today. Everything is good except for the micro sd slot. Its a little off so you would need to take the rubber off if you need open the sd slot. Besides that its a great case.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
i just got the otterbox in the mail today. Everything is good except for the micro sd slot. Its a little off so you would need to take the rubber off if you need open the sd slot. Besides that its a great case.
I got mine in the mail today too, but don't mind about the microsd being hidden since I haven't taken it out since I put a bigger one in. Its awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance