[HOW TO] Calibrate your battery

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It probably wouldn't hurt too.
Its not gonna harm your phone.
Ive done it atleast three times this week testing different things running and not running.

Well it's really time consuming charging it all the way, draining it completely, then charging it again fully before use.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well it's really time consuming charging it all the way, draining it completely, then charging it again fully before use.

The best time to do this would be in the morning before work. Most people will be up atleast 12 hours a day. So just before work after charging the phone oevernight do the process and dont plug the phone in again until it dies.

Alternatively you could take it to 2% and start the recharge if you need to use the phone. Like I said Ive dont this about three times this week and only once did I let it go all the way down. The other two times I had to plug it in at 2% so I could use the phone. The difference between the three was less than an hour of usability.

gksumday

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just did the battery stats deletion, then let it reboot. Now it is stuck on the Samsung boot up screen on my Epic. Any ideas?

overthinkingme

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I remember back on the xda nexus forums where they had a pretty technical thread on battery calibration. They called bs on this wiping stats method. Battery stats are just that, battery stat history.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong though....

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

swoon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It probably wouldn't hurt too.
Its not gonna harm your phone.
Ive done it atleast three times this week testing different things running and not running.

You are right that this won't harm your phone, but it will harm your battery. Li battery chemistry only allows so many full discharge cycles so every time you do this, you've just decreased your battery life by some amount. It is much better on the battery in terms of lifespan to keep it closer to fully charged and not perform full discharges.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995