Keep track of 3G data outages here for Virgin Mobile

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine went out at 7 and didn't come on till 12(Maybe cause it was syncing data and my 3G never works when it syncs). It's working fine. NJ

If the upgrade means better speeds for everyone, im all for it. I dont like however that I wasnt notified by either text or email.

I needed the internet today for a few things and it just wasnt there. forget how handy it is until its unavailable

They updated today?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Samething to me in southern MO.
Just stopped updating twitter and couple other apps.
Its been spotty ever since.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was in Southbend, Indiana tonight and had 3G connection, but nothing was coming down the pipe. I figured something was up. This was aprox 10PM EST

Nimh27

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
3G was down yesterday afternoon around 3pm PST North of Seattle. I checked around 10pm and still nothing... No connection now either even after toggling airport mode and a full reboot.

I've had my phone for about a month and this is getting old quickly.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I took a trip last night, and thought "Oh I won't need to print any directions, I have my phone." I get like 20 miles down the road and the data goes out. That's really annoying .. I needed the Navigation. I ended up getting lost.

zeppo_marx

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been down for 14 hours. I called and got yelled at by their representative. She just kept saying "I already told you," with each new question I asked her.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My data was down last night from 6 central time until after 10:30 sometime overnight. (central MO)
Lost data service on all three devices we use: Optimus V, Rumor Touch, and Novatel USB modem. Sometimes one of those will work while the others don't, or one won't work while the others do. Different PRL's on the V and Touch. Not sure of the PRL on the USB stick.

Last edited:

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My data was down most of last night as well. From 7pm to 1am EST. I tried toggling airplane mode, reboot, battery pull, activate app, and no luck. It came back up this morning around 10am. I still have time to return my Optimus since this has been happening to me daily and it seems like virgin mobile doesn't care.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I took a trip last night, and thought "Oh I won't need to print any directions, I have my phone." I get like 20 miles down the road and the data goes out. That's really annoying .. I needed the Navigation. I ended up getting lost.
I was in the same situation. Ended up stopping at a Mcdonalds, to get a free wifi connection.