Texting Delays

led23

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having terrible texting delays today. In one case it took 5 hours to send and receive texts. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it something with my phone or is it just the network itself today?

ejizzle

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
yea same for me, I got 13 texts messages saying happy bday to me two days later. And today it has been pretty much delaying today as well and Im not on a Optimus V yet just using virgin mobile service.

Gooober

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Im In CA and i cnt send or recieve txts for almost 2 weeks now.... i get a message saying "An Incoming Text Message Didnt Come Through due to a low balance. top up to add to your cash balance or purchase a messaging pack now go to virgin XL > top up" i am on the $40.00 plan which means i have unlimited txting so i shouldnt be getting this message... Has anyone else had this problem?

spikey911

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I feel bad saying this but among all the data problems, I also have text problems.

Today I kept getting something like "text message memory full" even though I had NO messages. Something was trying to get through but could not.
I tried restarting etc, nothing helped.

About 4 hours later my phone blew up with messages pouring in.

This is not the first time I had this problem, nor is it the first time I have received messages hours or days later.
This also happened years ago when I had a regular Virgin mobile phone, so its not something new.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
To the above. It sounds like your text database got full, so VM stored all incoming messages on it's server till your phone got some space. When space became available. you got bombarded with the messages VM stored for you.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To the above. It sounds like your text database got full, so VM stored all incoming messages on it's server till your phone got some space. When space became available. you got bombarded with the messages VM stored for you.
This also could have been caused by a glitch in whatever rom your using.
Or if your using handcent or gosms.
They might have, for whatever reason, not actually updated that you had no messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21