Recommissioning a replaced LG OV

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My sister in law accidentally dropped her phone into a cup of soda, and then got it replaced since she pays the $5 a month insurance cost. She then gave her old phone to me figuring since I bought her the original as a gift maybe I could sell the old one for parts or something. I left it to dry for a good while and it seems like the phone mostly functions just fine with one notable exception. The Mic and earpiece don't seem to work (back speaker does), though when you use the included headset the mic on it works as do the ear plugs. So basically it seems to be fully functional WITH the headset only if you actually want to make a call or speak into the phone. So I have two questions:

1. That seems awfully specific to have those two linked things not working, does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix that?

2. Regardless if the above is fixed or not, I've considered loaning it out to friends and family that might want to test "the Android experience." At $25 a month it's a pretty cheap way to mess with Android for the first time to see if they like it. Will there be any trouble reactivating the phone since it was replaced by insurance? I know the major carriers deactivate the ESNs on replaced phones and even ask for them back normally. She told me they didn't ask for it back though.

If neither is possible, then at least I have a pretty cool Android Ipod Touch I can still loan out. :p

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying if I "dropped" my phone into water, I could get a brand new one if i'm paying the 5 per month and then pay the deductible? I wouldn't have to send my current one back? Hmmmm. lol

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying if I "dropped" my phone into water, I could get a brand new one if i'm paying the 5 per month and then pay the deductible? I wouldn't have to send my current one back? Hmmmm. lol

Try it and see...

But remember insurance fraud is a federal offense if convicted.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I fully expect for her to come back to me later saying "They charged me full price WTF?!?!" but what can I do, I told her to read what they sent her and she says it doesn't say to send it back. We'll see what happens.