Optimus T camera app?

anon(208715)

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
First post here! Very helpful forum for a new Android convertee.

LG decided to put a much nicer and more fully-featured camera app on its Optimus T and Optimus U (T-Mobile and US Cellular) models. I want to upgrade from the stock camera app on the V, but most of the other camera apps in the market seem gimmicky rather than genuinely useful.

So...how does one find the LG camera apk from the T or U? I've googled like crazy but to no avail. Thanks.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
First post here! Very helpful forum for a new Android convertee.

LG decided to put a much nicer and more fully-featured camera app on its Optimus T and Optimus U (T-Mobile and US Cellular) models. I want to upgrade from the stock camera app on the V, but most of the other camera apps in the market seem gimmicky rather than genuinely useful.

So...how does one find the LG camera apk from the T or U? I've googled like crazy but to no avail. Thanks.

I imagine someone could desconstruct a rom or even use their T or U to backup the apk...

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Neither of these apk's will install on my V, running stock + the fast kernel. Do I need to uninstall the existing camera app?

Don't do that as you won't be able to reinstall the camera app, even with titanium backup (found that out the hard way). I tried incorporating the CameraApp.apk into a rom and installing the rom. That worked so far as to install the app, but when I go to run it, it crashes. The same story with all three apk files. If the source code for the optimus T was out, we could probably port it over. There is something about this app in its current form that is incompatible.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread in he S forums talking about this camera.
I did a quick search and nothing jumped out ans slapped me in the face.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084