Hi, all - I was able to add contacts until today. I added Advanced Task Killer yesterday, and am wondering if something is now disabled. Powered down and powered back up, but still can't add new contacts. It says that they're being added, but nothing shows up.

I set up a gmail account that the contact list is supposed to be tied to. Under the Contacts account settings, the gmail account is marked "sync is off" - does this maybe need to be on in order for saves? I don't think it was before. I could have sworn I added new contacts before even setting up the email account! Doesn't the phone have an onboard contacts file? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Update: just noticed that when I start to add a new contact, it no longer prompts for the contact Type. The top of the New Contact screen says "Google Contact from" and the gmail account name.
    04-02-2011 03:10 PM
    delete
    RamJacCorp likes this.
    04-02-2011 04:12 PM
    Thanks, whyaphoenix. It looks like there was a brief synching problem with the gmail account; the newly added contacts finally showed up on the phone. Weird that you can't store your contacts locally at all. If I don't want to keep the synch set to auto, what other trouble might that cause (if you happen to know)? I try to keep the battery drain as low as possible, so if I don't absolutely need stuff, I like to shut it down.
    04-02-2011 04:47 PM
    delete
    04-02-2011 08:09 PM