Pbxes Deleted My VOIP Account!

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Pbxes deleted my Voip account, but I got it back. If this happens to you, try this:

I got an email about a week ago that I need to update my personal info on pbxes.com or they would delete my account. I created it using sipdroid back when it would auto create an account for you for free. I immediately logged in and updated my info. Then about 10 mins ago, I got an email:

Your account XXXX has been deleted.

This can have the following reasons:

* You requested deletion of your account.
* The personal data you supplied was incomplete or incorrect.

Best regards,
i-p-tel

---

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and
you will not receive a response. For assistance, create a new PBXes
account and choose the Support link.

Bastardos!

But then I checked sipdroid, and I could still register with pbxes. I realized that they must have deleted my main account, but hadn't gotten around to deleting my trunks, extensions...etc. I quickly tried to log in through the website, no luck. So I created a new account using the same user name as before. Bingo, my google voice trunks were still in there. But I couldn't make calls in or out. I realized that they had deleted some of the settings.

In the Google Voice Trunk:

• Reenter your password
  • Set the dialing rule to -
    +|.
    011|.
    00|.
    1+nxxnxxxxxx
    49+0|.
  • Hit save, then select the red text at the top to really save.

Then in the Inbound Routing:

• Select the "/" route.
  • Select your extension for regular hours
  • Hit Save

For your extension:

• Make sure it has the same password as before.
  • Set the Outbound Cid to your Google Voice number.

Bingo! Back in action! I could receive and send calls again. I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elmdor and Pinan

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Update: They now have blocked my account and are demanding that I upgrade to a paid account. Just for some background, I have only ever used 100-200 min using my pbxes account. I only have one account and I have provided them with the personal details they asked for. I think this is just a classic bait and switch. Lure people in with promises of a free account, and when they get comfy, threaten them with cancellation of service if they don't pay.

Be warned that pbxes is not acting in a kosher manner. I cannot even contact customer service unless I pay for an account.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I steered clear when they took down the account creation in Sipdroid. It was a great service. pbxes + google voice = free VOIP for android users. It seems great things just do not last. Still some other options out there, but none as good as that.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I steered clear when they took down the account creation in Sipdroid. It was a great service. pbxes + google voice = free VOIP for android users. It seems great things just do not last. Still some other options out there, but none as good as that.

I just finished setting up csipsimple and google callback with sipgate. Everything works great except one thing. When I make a callback call over 3G, I don't hear ringing. My call connects if the person answers and I can hear their voice and they can hear mine, but I'm sitting there without ringing wondering if the call is going through beforehand.

Thanks for recommending that setup!

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Usually if you do not hear the ringing, it has something to do with one of the codecs. Only certain ones are compatible with Sipgate. Test each one, one at a time (disable all the others) if need be.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Follow this guide but don't use sipdroid: Never Run Out of Minutes Again: Make Free VoIP Calls on Android Phones - How-To Geek

Install csipsimple instead from the market.
Add your sipgate account to csipsimple.
Then Settings -> Filters -> Click your sipfate account -> Add filter
Auto Answer
Contains
Then write in your google voice number.

If you use sipdroid, you'll have to answer a call every time you want to make a call.

When you are done with the guide, log into your Sipgate account at sipgate.com, change your voicemail setting to answer after 60 seconds so that your google voicemail will pick up first. You'll also want to delete the "When I am on the phone" and "When phone is offline/unavailable." rules. Don't set those up to forward to your cellphone because they charge you mins for those forwarded calls.

Instead, set google voice to call both sipgate and your cell phone at the same time.

When you make calls, google callback will make your voice account call csipcimple through sipgate, and csipsimple will autoanswer and your outgoing call will start.
When you get incoming google voice calls, they get routed to your sipgate account which csipsimple is registered to. You'll also get the phone call from google voice on your cell phone line so that if sipgate doesn't work, you'll still get your phone calls.

Only give out your google voice number and your friends will only get calls from your google voice number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eollie

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if screenshots of said setting was added.

I also would like to see how google voice is setup on pbxes.org.
I wasnt fortunate enough to get in on that so I havent seen the settings.
Wondering if maybe there is a easier way to setup without having to have so many sip/voip accounts.

Elmdor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Great directions, I also had my account deleted and spent some time trying to find a workaround and you got it! Thanks!

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so I got an interesting email from pbxes.org a few mins ago. They are threatening to sue me for harassment because I emailed them twice asking why my account was blocked!!!! In broken english to boot! What a bunch of A-holes. I recommend to EVERYONE, avoid pbxes.org like the plague. Don't give them a dime of your money and certainty don't give them your google password. I changed mine immediately after I got the email. They honestly sound more like a Nigerian scam than a pbx operator. You don't need pbxes.org to use the setup I posted above.

Eollie, they have stopped allowing gtalk trunks to be added. It is not a matter of configuring a sip trunk because gtalk doesn't use sip.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That is crazy.

I would use sipgate but I cant get past the invite process.
Ive used two friends phones and mine trying to.
My number has been used already and my friends phones worked only to be blocked because they thought my suddenlink isp was not in the US.

If I can get it to work later Ill try how you posted.

Thanks again and really that is ******ed of pbxes.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have one question, how do you know if the call is from csip or your reg phone?

I dont want to be answering thinking its my sip account when really its my gvoice cause sip is offline.

ETA**
If your following the guide and having trouble getting gvoice to accept the code when you claim the number.
Long pressing the number will cause it to think the first number is being pressed twice.
SO just quickly tap the number like almost so fast you dont think it really made the noise and it will accept.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have one question, how do you know if the call is from csip or your reg phone?

I dont want to be answering thinking its my sip account when really its my gvoice cause sip is offline.

ETA**
If your following the guide and having trouble getting gvoice to accept the code when you claim the number.
Long pressing the number will cause it to think the first number is being pressed twice.
SO just quickly tap the number like almost so fast you dont think it really made the noise and it will accept.

I set my csip ringtone to be different from my regular cellphone ringtone. The interface also looks different for each type of incoming call, although they are similar.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I set my csip ringtone to be different from my regular cellphone ringtone. The interface also looks different for each type of incoming call, although they are similar.

I might have to try csip out then.
Right now Im using the native client in CM7.
Although I hate having two ringtones.
I use to have everyperson setup with a personal tone.
Then one day my DX soft bricked and I was too lazy to set it up again. lol

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is interested, here is how you an setup your CSipSimple to accept only voip calls when available and cellphone calls when not. This involves using Tasker.
  1. In Tasker, press New -> Event -> UI -> New Window
  2. For the label, place: CSipSimple
    Case matters! If you have sipdroid, use "Sipdroid" but I'm not sure of the capitalization. If CM7 uses a different window for voip calls than regular calls, you can use whatever the name of that window is.
  3. Next add a task. Phone -> Silence Ringer
  4. Go back and add a second context for this profile.
  5. State -> Incoming Call

Now when there is an incoming call AND the CSipSimple's window pops up, your phone's main ringer will be silenced and the cellphone incoming call dialogue will be suppressed. This won't stop CSipSimple from ringing or stop you from answering it. If you have an incoming call over your cellphone line, nothing will happen because the CSipSimple window won't pop up.

I should warn that this isn't 100% effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eollie

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
One last note, if you have trouble with hearing the other person on sipgate + csipsimple, deactivate the G722 16 kHz codec and have your router forward the port 5060 to your phone's IP if you are on Wifi. You don't need to set a static IP on your phone, just set the router to assign the same IP to your phone's MAC every time.