04-08-2014 07:55 AM
41 12
tools
    With all the hassles and BS with these free voip services i will stick to the 1200 minutes plan for 43 dollars,what would some of you do if this cheap plan was not available,or if the raise the price.
    Oh I dunno suck it up and pay the price?

I hear VoIP over 3G really blows due to high jitter and latency. That it's like talking on a 2-way radio.

What has your experience been with VoIP on the Optimus V and Virgin 3G?
    It really depends on my main signal. When Im somewhere I have three or more bars Ihave just a slight delay and if Im on wifi its just like I was calling from my pc.

Seriously if you follow the guild posted at how to geek and use any of the sip softphones for our phone its real easy. Its about as hard as inputing your google account info when you first used the phone.
    04-14-2011 05:42 PM
    scootincivic I think it was said before but it sounds like your problem is caused by a codec. I think you said you have tried both cipsimple and sipdroid and have the same problem on both apps right?

If you havent used csipsimple grab it and try it out. Which setup are you using? PBXES or the sipgate one?

Your ringing problem is just weird. I think there is a setting you are overlooking. Dont hold me to that but its just a guess. Ive had problems before with things and thought I was catching every thing and later realized there was a menu I somehow missed that had the option I need to toggle.

Also all these problems might be just associated with the stock rom having a bug in it that causes sip softphones to be ******ed. I havent heard of anything but maybe its there.
    04-14-2011 06:06 PM
    im not really having the best luck with Sipgate. where else can i get a SIP?
    04-14-2011 06:06 PM
    im not really having the best luck with Sipgate. where else can i get a SIP?
    What seems to be the problem?

Yeah you could use pbxes.org and ipkall, but some users are experiencing issues with them cancelling the account after 30 days.
    04-14-2011 06:14 PM
    What seems to be the problem?

Yeah you could use pbxes.org and ipkall, but some users are experiencing issues with them cancelling the account after 30 days.
    my minutes are being used when they are feeling like being used lol. i made outgoing and incoming calls directly on/off my sipgate number last night and no minutes were used. yet i am missing minutes from when i was using google call back.
    04-14-2011 06:17 PM
    scootincivic I think it was said before but it sounds like your problem is caused by a codec. I think you said you have tried both cipsimple and sipdroid and have the same problem on both apps right?

If you havent used csipsimple grab it and try it out. Which setup are you using? PBXES or the sipgate one?
    I have only used Cipsimple..
    well Im able to hear the other caller (as in Advance settings I disabled the music app hack-as I have 2 other music apps)..

Everything is working fine now except for one major thing..

Im getting double calles when another phone calles my cell through my GV account..
    Im sure its just a number forwarding issue and Ill double check my settings on my accounts..

Thanks for the help~
    04-14-2011 06:28 PM
    04-14-2011 06:46 PM
    Does this set up handle SMS in any way? I'm considering getting one but when I leave college I won't have service at my house and would have to use Wifi.
    04-14-2011 07:14 PM
    Google Voice has free SMS. But on the $25 plan on VM you get unlimited SMS.
    theblastizard likes this.
    04-14-2011 07:45 PM
    Google Voice has free SMS. But on the $25 plan on VM you get unlimited SMS.
    True but for those that do not have a cell signal using SMS via GV with sip is great for those that can only get WiFi..
    Then again why not use Email or Gtalk in that case is another thing~

EDIT: Anyone know of some good settings to make the audio delay less?..
    I'm on WiFi and theirs still about a 5sec delay from my caller..
    theblastizard likes this.
    04-14-2011 08:19 PM
    True but for those that do not have a cell signal using SMS via GV with sip is great for those that can only get WiFi..
    Then again why not use Email or Gtalk in that case is another thing~

EDIT: Anyone know of some good settings to make the audio delay less?..
    I'm on WiFi and theirs still about a 5sec delay from my caller..
    Sadly I dont think there is a setting to fix that. I get it on my laptop using gmail to make calls I think its just a wireless/3g thing we will have to live with for a bit.

ETA**
    Guys help those that helped you by giving thanks to the post that helped you out.
    It makes it easier for us to know what info is helping people.
    04-15-2011 03:42 AM
    I love the phone but 300 minutes is not enough for me. I have struggled to find a guide to setting up a functional hassle free way to make calls using the data connection. I would appreciate it if someone would treat me like the ***** that I am and provide a step by step guide to making and receiving free or low cost calls on this phone. Please don't assume prior knowledge as this is my first smart phone. Thanks in advance.

I use TIKL. Free calls as long as the other user as TIKL its like a walkie talkie feature. Its on the iphone as well. type in TIKL in the droid market. works great!
    04-15-2011 10:49 AM
    ROBOBOT, thans so much for the detailed guide. I am going to give it another shot with this.
    04-15-2011 12:20 PM
    I use TIKL. Free calls as long as the other user as TIKL its like a walkie talkie feature. Its on the iphone as well. type in TIKL in the droid market. works great!
    I use Tikl as well.
    However a set up like this makes your phone run and act like a normal phone would.

Finally got sipgate working well with csipsimple & google voice on my end.
    If anyone has issues its more then likely Csipsimple settings that are the issue.
    Been playing with it for about 2 days strait now and it finally works as it should in WiFi & 3g (haven't tested on 2g yet).

Thanks to all that helped out.
    If there's a demand for it I will post my settings.
    Just note to go into expert mode in your Csipsimple on your VoIP account as that's where many issues can be resolved.

Plus reading the Wikki for Csipsimple helps a great deal as well.

Sent from my Optimus V vai Tapatalk
    04-15-2011 07:32 PM
    here's a question for VOIP on the optimus.

My setup is with IPKALL, google voice (just to call forward), and sipsorcery and then csipsimple on my phone.

the problem is that i can't hear the other party, but they can hear me fine.

(I turned on ICE and STUN on the settings of csipsimple to try and fix it, but still no luck)

csipsimple says that certain devices' audio stacks can be messed up so, so far I've tried bumblebee rom and harmonia rom but still no luck.

the interesting thing is that I have the exact same set up on my Viewsonic G Tablet, and it works fine (granted it is over wifi and not 3g).
    (some may say that 3g is too slow, but my home wifi is 756k which is slower than the 3g on the optimus 1.5-2mb here in NYC).

any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
    07-03-2011 12:47 PM
    Personally, I prefer the Orbtalk Softphone - I love it! Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...co.orbtalk.sip
    04-08-2014 07:55 AM
41 12