PLEASE HELP !! Optimus V System Recovery Loop

unclejimmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
OK please help a Android newb. I am really frustrated. I just purchased a used LG Optimus V phone that was rooted. Being that it had the prior owners data etc. on it, I went into settings>privacy>Reset Phone. After doing this it continues to boot into the Android System Recovery menu. I have tried all the options to no avail. On the SD card I have the aospCMod-OV-20110403-signed.zip file that I tried to load to no avail. Above this file is the file gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip. I don't really know what either of these are or mean. On the main screen at the very bottom it says Build:RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM. No matter what I do,reboot,backup/restore,wipe,mounts,other, power off etc. it goes to the silver LG screen then into the Android system recovery. It's a vicious loop. I paid $130 for this and it has no waaranty.

Please can some angel of a person help me out. Please step by step if you would. I am Android dumb so please realize this when hopefully posting a fix. I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
As long as you have the custom recovery you can ADB to your phone then install the stock rom.

In short you'll have to start from scratch. If you do not have a custom recovery in your phone then your screwed.

Do a search on this forum as this question has been answered multiple times.

NOTE TO ADMIN/MOD:
Update with a sticky to inform users not to do a factory recover while having a custom recovery menu installed please.
There has been 2 threads made with this issue just this week alone.

Not being rude just need to inform others before they do a semi-brick on there phones like I have done as well as the user above~

Sent from my Optimus V vai Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
@scootincivic,

How would one know that they have a custom recovery?
If holding power vol down and home on boot up you go to clockwork mod recovery then you have a custom recovery. Or if you know you flashed it after rooting.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
If holding power vol down and home on boot up you go to clockwork mod recovery then you have a custom recovery. Or if you know you flashed it after rooting.

Yep that's about it.
If you don't have a custom recovery then your sol.
More then likely you do have one other wise you wouldn't have this issue other wise.

relentlesson3

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
As long as you have the custom recovery you can ADB to your phone then install the stock rom.

In short you'll have to start from scratch. If you do not have a custom recovery in your phone then your screwed.

Do a search on this forum as this question has been answered multiple times.

NOTE TO ADMIN/MOD:
Update with a sticky to inform users not to do a factory recover while having a custom recovery menu installed please.
There has been 2 threads made with this issue just this week alone.

Not being rude just need to inform others before they do a semi-brick on there phones like I have done as well as the user above~

Hate to revive an old thread but no this question has still not been answered. Everyone says search the forums but the answers are not there. I am not having the same issues, use did a factory reset to undo something I did apps wise and now I am in this loop too.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hate to revive an old thread but no this question has still not been answered. Everyone says search the forums but the answers are not there. I am not having the same issues, use did a factory reset to undo something I did apps wise and now I am in this loop too.

Actually there is tons of answers regarding this.
Your problem is basically the same as many others here have had.
Your stuck in a boot loop.

Did you root the phone?
Are you using a custom rom?
Did you flash custom recovery?

If you answered yes to the last two then you can utilize the custom recovery to reflash the rom or your backup. Assuming you made a backup.

AddictedToDroid

May 6, 2011
Visit site
On the SD card do you see a folder labeled nandroid and if so look in that folder and see if there are any files or folders within that and report back. My nandroid backup was something like BCDS followed by a bunch of numbers when I was using the ThunderC recovery.

jonathandemartino

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a dumb question. Sorry if this is redundant or ignorant, but I am a total noob.
I also have an LG Optimus V. I flashed a custom ROM (aospCMod-OV-20110307-signed) it loads up fine, but whenever I power down it performs a system wipe & restores as if its brand new. Is this the same thing people are referring to as a "recovery loop"? Or is this a different problem. I have been searching through forums for hours now over teh past several days & cannot seem to get clarification.

Now I cannot get back to recovery mode. I have tried using the hardware buttons method as well as ROM Tools, as well as reboot/recovery option when I press the power button on the phone.

Please, please, please someone take pity on me & offer some guidance.
Thanks so much.

Platrycus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Optimus V user, Xionia v5 w/ thunderom. I reverted back to an unrooted stock for reactivation/3g issues, and right after I unrooted and did ADB reboot recovery I was locked in an infinite system recovery loop w/ a bricked phone (so I thought).

If you're stuck in Android System Recovery, and any menu choice just brings up a 'droid with an exclamation-in-triangle' graphic - you cannot ADB into your phone - you've tried all the different button combinations during startup to no avail - TRY THIS:

1) unplug USB, remove battery, remove microSD.
2) replace ONLY the battery, restart phone.
3) once the recovery menu loads, press some buttons (you'll notice something NEW- a message at bottom about asking for the SD card!)
4) replace microSD card, press some buttons (I believe you only need to hit MENU whilst 'reboot' is highlighted, but to be thorough I held down MENU+HOME+BACK with my thumb while also holding down VOL DOWN+POWER), PRESTO!! I'd never been so happy to see and hear the stupid VM startup animation. I've since restarted and can confirm that the recovery loop does not reappear and the phone starts normally.

Now if I can just get 3g solved.....;)

bennyhu22

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Optimus V user, Xionia v5 w/ thunderom. I reverted back to an unrooted stock for reactivation/3g issues, and right after I unrooted and did ADB reboot recovery I was locked in an infinite system recovery loop w/ a bricked phone (so I thought).

If you're stuck in Android System Recovery, and any menu choice just brings up a 'droid with an exclamation-in-triangle' graphic - you cannot ADB into your phone - you've tried all the different button combinations during startup to no avail - TRY THIS:

1) unplug USB, remove battery, remove microSD.
2) replace ONLY the battery, restart phone.
3) once the recovery menu loads, press some buttons (you'll notice something NEW- a message at bottom about asking for the SD card!)
4) replace microSD card, press some buttons (I believe you only need to hit MENU whilst 'reboot' is highlighted, but to be thorough I held down MENU+HOME+BACK with my thumb while also holding down VOL DOWN+POWER), PRESTO!! I'd never been so happy to see and hear the stupid VM startup animation. I've since restarted and can confirm that the recovery loop does not reappear and the phone starts normally.

Now if I can just get 3g solved.....;)
Try swapping your prl it fixed my 3g problems

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey