mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My parents have an after market wall charger for my mom's iPod touch. Does anyone know if it would be safe to use it to charge the Optimus? I would plug the Optimus USB cord into it. Thanks for help!

cpshelley2

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
it should be... I use the USB cable and several random wall chargers to charge mine, I just check them first to make sure they put out standard USB power -- if it's a 5v wall unit it should be just fine

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Like cpshelley2 said, read the label. You must have 5v output, and a minimum of 350mah to charge the phone, 700-800mah to charge and use at the same time.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Like cpshelley2 said, read the label. You must have 5v output, and a minimum of 350mah to charge the phone, 700-800mah to charge and use at the same time.

+1 I tried a generic charger and tried streaming radio at the same time and my battery was slowly losing the battle at about 3% per hour. Started using an old HTC USB charger and now my battery gets fully charged.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The biggest draw back on this phone is the charging..

My DX I could plug it into my pc via the usb cable and charge it no matter what.
If it was discharging it was not noticeable at all.

A friend gave me a charger from some phone he bought off ebay, it was a aftermarket charger and he has like 30 chargers already. I didnt look at it until I charged my phone with it. From 50% to full in just under 45 minutes. Phone was hot to touch and it freaked me out. I started looking and it was 1.8a at 5.11v. I gave that back to him and will stick with my blackberry charger.