i moved a couple of apps to my sd card, then went to home screen, my widgets said "trouble loading widget" so i rebooted my phone and now it wont get past the screen with cyanogeb mod 7 on bootup. please help

also when i press the volume button on the side of my phone it makes a beeping noise as if its turning my volume up and down
    04-18-2011 04:20 AM
    delete
    04-18-2011 04:36 AM
    im using zephies current version of cyanogen mod 7, what can i do to bring it out of this?
    04-18-2011 04:55 AM
    im using zephies current version of cyanogen mod 7, what can i do to bring it out of this?
    can you get in to recovery? if not, you may need to use ADB or fastboot to reflash...
    04-18-2011 05:03 AM
    yes i can get into revovery, but when i flashed my custom recovery last night to clockwordmod it lost my backup, unless its in my sd. can i just flash the current nightly again?
    04-18-2011 05:06 AM
    i would search around on the SD card first, check the clockworkmod/backup folder and see if your backup is still in there by chance... if not, you should be able to just reflash the current nightly from recovery.
    04-18-2011 05:09 AM
    before i flash the current nightly is there any steps i need to do...like wipe cache? or flash google apps? any thing? or can i just go "install zip from sd" then install the current nightly...i have no idea what im doing...lol sorrry
    04-18-2011 05:16 AM
    it's ok. does the nightly include the gapps or is that a separate file? i think what you may have to do is wipe system/data/cache/dalvik, then flash the nightly, followed by gapps, followed by kernel, if it needs one or you're using a separate one.

i've only flashed a couple of times, and never CM, so you may want to hold off on doing this until someone like mmarz comes along and confirms that i've got this right... i don't want to make matters worse for you and to be honest, i'm not familiar with flashing CM...
    04-18-2011 05:23 AM
    what about the cache partition?
    04-18-2011 05:25 AM
    yes, sorry, by "wipe system/data/cache/dalvik" i meant to wipe those four partitions: system, data, cache, and dalvik-cache. probably should have been a little more clear. but that's the one thing i'm unsure about, i don't know what's necessary to be wiped when flashing a nightly, as i haven't done it before.
    04-18-2011 05:27 AM
    on clockwork mod the only options for wiping are "wipe data factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" and yes the gapps, and nightly are seperate
    04-18-2011 05:29 AM
    Go into the advaned options for the other "wipes". You can also go to the mounts and storage and format them one by one. Just be careful what you format. Leave your sdcard and the recovery partition alone.
    sk8dayfuknight likes this.
    04-18-2011 05:32 AM
    Go into the advaned options for the other "wipes". You can also go to the mounts and storage and format them one by one. Just be careful what you format. Leave your sdcard and the recovery partition alone.
    thanks once again uve been a big help these past 2 days. i just flashed the debug, then wiped everything, then flashed nightly then i flashed gapps(google apps), worked fine....i wonder why the whole thing crashed in the first place tho
    04-18-2011 05:52 AM
    glad you got it sorted out... so everything is working fine now?
    04-18-2011 06:00 AM
    Let me briefly explain my most recent steps:

- was on stock gtablet ROM
    - flashed Cyanogen 7 stable - worked fine
    - installed a different keyboard, started getting keyboard force closes and couldn't find a fix online.
    - tried to reinstall cyanogen 7, no dice, boot loop. oops.
    - somehow i got the stock ROM installed again
    - in Clockwork, was trying to do a factory reset, but it stalls out and never completes (this is likely a major cause of my problem)
    - tried to install cyanogen 7 at this point, and getting boot looped again.

I see the earlier thread about formatting each section manually in Clockwork's Advanced Options - is that likely what I need to do at this point to get the Factory Reset to complete?

I'm also getting:
    E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)
    when trying to wipe davlik cache

any assistance is appreciated!
    04-18-2011 11:55 AM
    Let me briefly explain my most recent steps:

- somehow i got the stock ROM installed again
    I especially love this step

Which recovery are you using? There could be two causes to this. Either your phone "crapped" out which is the phone manufacturer's fault, or a non compatible/defective recovery was installed which is the phone owner's fault.

In either case, try installing this recovery: aospCWMod-OV-20110415.img

And see if that fixes the problem with wiping and installing.
    04-18-2011 01:39 PM
    thanks for the reply mmarz...

what I meant by "somehow I got the stock ROM installed again..." is that I tried to start from scratch a couple times and got the STOCK reboot loop, vs. the CM7 loop - but tried it a couple times and then got back to stock.

over on XDA they recommend using the .8 bekit CWM version for the gtablet - what version is the .img you posted?
    04-18-2011 02:10 PM
    thanks for the reply mmarz...

what I meant by "somehow I got the stock ROM installed again..." is that I tried to start from scratch a couple times and got the STOCK reboot loop, vs. the CM7 loop - but tried it a couple times and then got back to stock.

over on XDA they recommend using the .8 bekit CWM version for the gtablet - what version is the .img you posted?
    The one I posted is the recommended one for aospCMod: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...15-2011-a.html

It is CWM 3.0.2.4.

It is the one I personally use all the time. I don't know if it is wise to use a recovery not meant for our phones. I would try the one I linked to first.
    04-18-2011 02:20 PM
    I'll check it out this evening, thanks
    04-18-2011 02:22 PM
    I'm also getting:
    E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)
    when trying to wipe davlik cache

any assistance is appreciated!
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I think this message means that dalvik is already mounted. I see this every time I do a ROM change and I am using the xionia cwma 1.25184 recovery. When I wipe dalvik, it still wipes it if the message is anything to go by.
    04-18-2011 03:20 PM
    I fear something is more screwed up on a base level... I've gotten this version of CWM to successfully perform a factory wipe/reset before, but the screen outputs:

Clearing Data...
    Clearing Cache...

and then it just sits there.... for a looong time. I then shut it off and power on again and it reboot loops on me.

I will try a couple different things and I've prepped the nvflash files as a last resort... though I kinda' think I should just start there and let that clean things up. I'm afraid I've got an incompatible kernel installed, or the partition scheme is screwed up - and I'm never going to know if they're actually OK at this point.
    04-18-2011 03:58 PM
    Just another tad of info...CodeNamePapa are you doing this on a optimus phone or a tablet?

Because Im certain mmarz is linking you the optimus v phone files.
    04-18-2011 04:05 PM
    it's actually a viewsonic gtablet... I wasn't planning on using the img linked earlier in this thread... I've been researching today for hours and everything about my device said to use the CWM version I've already got in place.

Was just wondering if anyone had an idea about what i could do to get a wipe data / factory reset to complete.

I really think I need to do an nvflash and get back to a stock ROM before I try any further customization

*edit* sorry, I just now noticed this was under a different device, I was just looking at the thread title, which is indeed the same problem I'm having.
    04-18-2011 04:21 PM
    it's actually a viewsonic gtablet... I wasn't planning on using the img linked earlier in this thread... I've been researching today for hours and everything about my device said to use the CWM version I've already got in place.

Was just wondering if anyone had an idea about what i could do to get a wipe data / factory reset to complete.

I really think I need to do an nvflash and get back to a stock ROM before I try any further customization

*edit* sorry, I just now noticed this was under a different device, I was just looking at the thread title, which is indeed the same problem I'm having.
    no need to be sorry, just didnt want to give some info that might not apply to your device.
    04-18-2011 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD