Anyone else used skype yet?

jmars125

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using skype ever since it aloud call's over 3g. I can confirm that it does not use any minutes. Although to get unlimited with skype its like 7 bucks a month which paired with the $25 dollar vm plan is outstanding. Just figured I would let you all know.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I just installed it today, on my phone and pc. I used Skype when it first came out years ago, but haven't used it in the past 5 years. Looking forward to discovering what's new.

I'm hoping I can create some sort of periscope to attach to the rear camera and use it for Skype video calls. My first attempt is using a dollar-store toy periscope, if it works, I'll check into better optics and post the details.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping I can create some sort of periscope to attach to the rear camera and use it for Skype video calls. My first attempt is using a dollar-store toy periscope, if it works, I'll check into better optics and post the details.
Hahaha, I'd love to hear more about this if is works out.
(Pics or it didn't happen;))

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using skype ever since it aloud call's over 3g. I can confirm that it does not use any minutes. Although to get unlimited with skype its like 7 bucks a month which paired with the $25 dollar vm plan is outstanding. Just figured I would let you all know.

Is there an option to not pay and get limited minutes on skype? Curious to try this.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How is the voice quality?
Don't you have to pay for a Skype number ?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Havent used the phone call on the phone but on the pc is just as good as any other voip program. On par with gmail calling.

To call other people that have skype no you dont need a number. Nor do you need a number to call other phones just to receive skype calls. You will need minutes to call out to other phones.

castout85

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
2.99/mo unlimited USA. Called my friend this morning and talked for 20 minutes. Quality is good over the 3g network. Only thing is there is a more noticeable delay then a normal call.

Also, the Skype app, when im not using it, i turn off as it will drain your battery down fairly fast.

28/Mo unlimited everything not too bad huh?

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
2.99/mo unlimited USA. Called my friend this morning and talked for 20 minutes. Quality is good over the 3g network. Only thing is there is a more noticeable delay then a normal call.

Also, the Skype app, when im not using it, i turn off as it will drain your battery down fairly fast.

28/Mo unlimited everything not too bad huh?

Hows the quality over wifi?

travisbickle

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's noticeably better over wifi but I was able to make it through a 20+ minute conversation on 3g and it wasn't too bad. A little popping in the audio but it was rare. I was by a window though. I put 10 dollars on it months ago to user with an ipod and i still have 5 something left.

foxmajik

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

I use Skype for outbound calls over 3G all the time, and receive phone calls using the regular phone radio. That doesn't cost anything.

There's also an app called GroovE-IP that routes all calls through Google Voice using data but I couldn't get it to work reliably.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance