Skyfire 4.0 Update (DONT UPDATE)

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would send this out. That there was an update for skyfire 3.0version to the New 4.0. Well I have been super happy as you cant play flash with this phone and this is the alternative work around. Well looks like now 4.0 is saying for 2.99 you can watch all the videos you want. 1 time fee.

Just though I would pass this along.

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest update and I got this message as I ran it. Guess I lucked out? Best part is I only installed skyfire a day before the update was released on the market so not really an "early user."

bnxhZ.png

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried to play videos on certain sites that I know worked. Thats wired. I reverted back to 3.0 version so Im good. Maybe ill try it once more and see what happens.
Thanks for the screen shot. Ha maybe I read it too fast and all i got was 2.99 is due. LOL
Restalled update- working thanks man. Must have been the 3G virgin glitch with the no video feeds. HA

Last edited:

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I got it for free too! Weird thing is I think I installed SkyFire way back in the day for about an hour and uninstalled it. Cool regardless.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is a sever based product. Eventually, they will force everyone onto 4.0 by routing your 3.x versions to a web page telling you to update because the version you are on is "unsafe" or some other BS. The older version will work for now, but I wouldn't depend on it. Update for free while you can.

shmutt1980

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Eff that!! this thread should be moved to apps or something ~ seems it would effect many users. I'm an intercept user and this deeply affects me too! this is BS!! really?? 2.99?? uninstall!

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Gesh guys light'n up. The app has been free forever. The video feature is really useful and worth the $2.99 if I ever had to pay it. But I got it for free, so thanks Dev's! They have to keep the lights on somehow.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I never liked this browser, very bulky. Then again I have a Nexus S, so I don't need the video streaming xD.

Sent from my Xoom

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded an older apk and got skyfire 4.0 videos for free on my device. :)

Where did you download it? I should've done a Titanium Backup of Skyfire 3 before updating to 4, since I like to wipe/play with new ROMs.

I downloaded a Skyfire 3.2.1 .apk and installed it, but then when I go to Market, it doesn't recognize Skyfire as an installed app. When I install Skyfire 4 over it anyways, it treats me as a trial user.

Last edited:

rberry88

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded 4.0 from the market and when I started the app I got a message saying due to a promo for verizon customers the video features is free for life on this device. I never used or downloaded the app prior to this. Cool.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless.

rwinvt

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new optimus after returning the first one. I went to the market, amazon apps, and appbrain to reinstall the apps I had on the previous V.

I was surprised that neither one recognized starfire as previously installed- then I remembered I had downloaded it as an APK- from Starfire I believe.
I have been running it a few days now- haven't gotten any notice about any free upgrade--

Is there something I need to do un order to get the upgrade?

shmutt1980

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I did download it from the market and recently needed to reset my phone, it is not in my list or previously installed, and it wants to charge me for the video.