New VOIP option for GV - single app solution: GrooVe IP

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
So frustrating! Found a bug where the incoming call screen doesn't turn on if you have a secure screen lock. That too should be fixed in the next version.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I know you warn that you need to be logged out of our various gmail accounts for incoming calls to work, but I haven't seen this to be necessary for me. I have a gchat client and gmail checking client open on a desktop. I have my phone setup with the gmail app, google voice app, and the google talk app always on and logged in. And to top it off, I have my google voice account set to forward incoming calls both to gtalk and my cell number. I have gotten all of my incoming test calls so far from a land-line. Both groove IP and my cellphone ring.

Just letting you know that maybe the problem you are experiencing is not as clear cut as you think.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I know you warn that you need to be logged out of our various gmail accounts for incoming calls to work, but I haven't seen this to be necessary for me. I have a gchat client and gmail checking client open on a desktop. I have my phone setup with the gmail app, google voice app, and the google talk app always on and logged in. And to top it off, I have my google voice account set to forward incoming calls both to gtalk and my cell number. I have gotten all of my incoming test calls so far from a land-line. Both groove IP and my cellphone ring.

Just letting you know that maybe the problem you are experiencing is not as clear cut as you think.

I have basically the same setup. Pidgin with google chat and my gmail open on my pc. Also have the google voice app on my phone. Incoming calls work fine for me. But I've never made any calls through google chat or gmail without GrooVe IP. My brother has to disconnect from gmail to get incoming calls, believe he's used gmail/google chat to make voice calls.

Not sure what causes it, but seems like something triggers Google to route the calls to other instances. Someone suggested it could be whichever one had activity last. Not sure.

For people who have issues with incoming calls the quickest suggestion is to logout from their other instances. If you're not having problems then there's really no need to.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I am having a issue where the call is fine for a few minutes, then after that the person can no longer hear me. I can hear them just fine. Last time it happened I was 3min 45sec into a call. I do run "wifi keep alive" when I am using wifi. I will test "Keep Screen On" and see if that helps.

Edit #1: Just happened again, only about a minute into the call.
Edit #2: I have plenty of bandwidth but the person is telling me, they can hear me fine then suddenly, it breaks up really really bad on my end. I can always hear them just perfect. But for some reason they stop being able to hear me. Maybe some weird bug when sending audio? Because incoming audio is always perfect. It never breaks up.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am having a issue where the call is fine for a few minutes, then after that the person can no longer hear me. I can hear them just fine. Last time it happened I was 3min 45sec into a call. I do run "wifi keep alive" when I am using wifi. I will test "Keep Screen On" and see if that helps.

Let me know if Keep Screen On helps.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same troubles today I experienced yesterday with GrooVeIP registering with GV. Only way I could get it to register is by opening the browser to google.com, switching to classic view, signing out, then signing back in. A few seconds later, GrooVeIP's icon switched to green and all was good.

I think my issues are with google not syncing properly. When this first occured, I began by opening email, and trying to load gmail, but it reported an error. No matter what I did in sync settings or gmail settings on the phone, I could not sync gmail or get GrooVeIP to register. Only by following the browser based steps I listed could I get either gmail or GrooVeIP working.

I have seen some reports of gmail sync issues in threads relating to my ROM, aospCM7, but they have not been confirmed bugs, so I don't know where the fault is, gmail, the ROM, or something else.

Last edited:

lizm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I "liked" your FB page too. 14 people now :)

I did buy it the other day and have used it a couple of times, short test calls, and all was well. As I said I really don't talk much at home, but look forward to using this when out of the country.

lostpatrolman

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Edit #1: Just happened again, only about a minute into the call.
Edit #2: I have plenty of bandwidth but the person is telling me, they can hear me fine then suddenly, it breaks up really really bad on my end. I can always hear them just perfect. But for some reason they stop being able to hear me. Maybe some weird bug when sending audio? Because incoming audio is always perfect. It never breaks up.
Same thing happens to my Optimus V except sooner. Typically around 1 minute. I have tried 3G and wifi. Also tried the audio hack setting. Nothing seems to fix the issue. I ensured I am logged out of google voice on the computer.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am also having sporadic voice quality and one way audio problems. It is strange because it only occurs when calling a number that isn't my home phone, mostly cell numbers. When I test with my home phone, it works flawlessly.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Any idea of this started happening only after the last update? 1.0.12?

Also if you completely close the app, use settings->applications to force close. When you restart is it good for a few calls? If you're willing, may also want to restart your phone and see if that changes anything. Any info you guys can give me would help.

Just wondering if it's something that changed in the last update or if it's some sort of state the app gets into that maybe a restart would fix.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol