New VOIP option for GV - single app solution: GrooVe IP

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Any idea of this started happening only after the last update? 1.0.12?

Also if you completely close the app, use settings->applications to force close. When you restart is it good for a few calls? If you're willing, may also want to restart your phone and see if that changes anything. Any info you guys can give me would help.

Just wondering if it's something that changed in the last update or if it's some sort of state the app gets into that maybe a restart would fix.

I will try some of the things you suggested here. And yes, it also happened on previous versions of Groove IP.

You can always look around your local Craigslist and buy a Optimus V, S, One used. That's how I got mine. It is a very popular phone and very tough to find. Thus, the reason the price was raised from $150 to $200. Radioshack also sales them, and you can check for stock Online.

lizm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I will try some of the things you suggested here. And yes, it also happened on previous versions of Groove IP.

You can always look around your local Craigslist and buy a Optimus V, S, One used. That's how I got mine. It is a very popular phone and very tough to find. Thus, the reason the price was raised from $150 to $200. Radioshack also sales them, and you can check for stock Online.

I'd think for testing on wifi an Optimus S or T would be easiest to find/cheapest, since the V (for VM) is so popular right now because of the data plan.

Of course you could buy one, activate it, test it on wifi and VM's 3G, then sell it for maybe even a profit :)

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Some good news. I think we have a lead on the problem happening on the Optimus. There's an api to manually set the audio mode. We stopped calling that api early on because it caused problems with many phones. It seems the Optimus requires you to manually set the audio mode. We're adding a checkbox to troubleshooting to set the audio mode manually.

The bad news is it may take us a day or two to get it in. We also plan on buying an Optimus tomorrow just to verify things are all fixed.

Reactions: ejlmd

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Take advantage of their return policy if you need to (after the bug is squished). I have returned a couple phones there with no issue's.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Take advantage of their return policy if you need to (after the bug is squished). I have returned a couple phones there with no issue's.
Target has a 90 day return policy if the 30 days at RadioShack is too short.

My GV account is tied to my Hotmail account. This only works if the GV account is tied to a Gmail account, right?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Target has a 90 day return policy if the 30 days at RadioShack is too short.

My GV account is tied to my Hotmail account. This only works if the GV account is tied to a Gmail account, right?

Someone reported issues with trying to use a yahoo account, we're looking into that. Are you not able to get registered with the hotmail account?

etb

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with people saying my voice is choppy to the point of being unrecognizable after about ten seconds, while they sound crystal clear on my end. Happens over 3g and wifi using optimus V. Other than that app is awesome. Great work!

RoboBot

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Same problem as above. Bought the app, tried it ans refunded it a few minutes later. I'd keep and use it except for that issue.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.0.13

New update is up!

- Fix DTMF digits not detected when in a call
- Add a configuration change Google Chat status
- Proximity sensor support to turn off screen when held to face
- Add new settings in troubleshooting to fix call quality on some phones (If you have stuttering/choppy voice try the new Audio Processing settings)
- Integrate with native call log
- Register as a dialer, clicking on a phone number will now list GrooVe IP as a dialer option

If you were having the choppy voice issue then try the new Audio Processing settings. If you had choppy voice incoming then enable Incoming Audio Processing. If you had choppy voice outgoing then enable Outgoing Audio Processing. For the LG Optimus, make sure that Audio Routing Hack is OFF before enabling those two settings (may need to restart the phone if you had the routing hack on)

Reactions: ejlmd and gabbott

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yay, I will give it a good test within the new few hours. Proximity Sensor is working just fine.

One minor feature request, that should be pretty simple. Append a area code to numbers with only 7 digits. For example. I have a 317 google number, but live in a area with 219. So for all the numbers I call in 219 area, I always have to make sure I enter 219. I think the gv callback had this feature, and maybe even the official google voice.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Yay, I will give it a good test within the new few hours. Proximity Sensor is working just fine.

One minor feature request, that should be pretty simple. Append a area code to numbers with only 7 digits. For example. I have a 317 google number, but live in a area with 219. So for all the numbers I call in 219 area, I always have to make sure I enter 219. I think the gv callback had this feature, and maybe even the official google voice.

What we can do is add a textbox where you specify what area code to prepend if you only enter 7 digits. Sound good?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea that is how gv callback has it. Works great. Thanks for listening.

Edit: Just tested two phonecalls over 5-min each to another cellphone. No errors. Will report back if I hit any snags.
I have enabled "Outgoing Audio Processing".

Last edited:

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea that is how gv callback has it. Works great. Thanks for listening.

Edit: Just tested two phonecalls over 5-min each to another cellphone. No errors. Will report back if I hit any snags.
I have enabled "Outgoing Audio Processing".

Don't have to thank me. It's in my own best interest...If I didn't listen to you guys I'd have a sucky app that no one used :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar