So, I got stupid today and went to Verizon and ported my number into a Thunderbolt. Why am I here, then, you may be thinking? I am going to Verizon tomorrow to return the Thunderbolt as the bill is stupidly high and the 4G interferes with my laptop speakers (?????). Anyway, what I wanted to ask was is there a way to port my number back into my lovely Optimus? I put it back to stock in case the need the activate app.

Thanks, everybody
    05-03-2011 11:55 PM
    I'm sure you lost the number.
    Flash a stock based Rom for the activate app.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-04-2011 01:03 AM
    Should be the same as porting any number to VM.

Supposedly you can do it yourself on their site, but in a rush you may want to call before taking your new phone back.
    05-04-2011 01:31 AM
    Don't cancel your Verizon service until you start porting your number back. You don't even have to port it to VM. Port the number to google voice just to preserve it. Once you get your VM account up and running, you can start the procedure to port it over if you want, or just have GV forward the calls to your cell. Either way, you have to keep your Verizon account until the porting back is over.
    05-04-2011 01:44 AM
    Ok, I'm gonna try it after work. Call VM and have them cancel the Verizon contract and return the phone for a refund. Should work, I think.
    05-04-2011 08:19 AM
    Supposedly you can do it yourself on their site, but in a rush you may want to call before taking your new phone back.
    This isn't really accurate; you shouldn't try to do anything yourself. See here:

Virgin Mobile Help for Prepaid Cell Phone and Plans
    05-04-2011 04:13 PM
    This isn't really accurate; you shouldn't try to do anything yourself. See here:

Virgin Mobile Help for Prepaid Cell Phone and Plans
    I dont follow what you mean.

He should contact VM and ask them to reactivate his account and port his number back. Once that is done take the phone back to Verizon and get a refund or whatever. By not doing anything he is almost certain to get stuck with Big Red money sucker.
    05-04-2011 04:24 PM
    I dont follow what you mean.
    LeslieAnn's post (the one I quoted) suggested that the OP might be able to do it themselves online but that they may want to call VM. It's not a matter of "may want to call" and no you can't do it yourself online; you *must* call VM. That's what I was clarifying.
    05-04-2011 05:12 PM
    I figured. Just as a side note, Verizon is VERY expensive and VERY VERY shady compared to VM. I had to pay a $400 security deposit on top of the $300 for the TBolt. They are very unclear as to how things work unless you pour through the contract.

Here's my plan

I'm gonna head up to Verizon to see if it's even possible to quit and if so if they can port my number back. If they can't port it, but I can quit, I'll call VM and reset that up and return the TBolt.

Wish me luck guys, and if I'm stuck, then you guys were great assistance!
    05-04-2011 05:25 PM
    Call Vm first have them port the number back.

Then take the phone back to Verizon.
    Otherwise you wont get your old number back.

You have 30 days to return a phone and cancel a contract with Verizon. Atleast you use to not sure about that now.
    05-04-2011 06:45 PM
    Call Vm first have them port the number back.

Then take the phone back to Verizon.
    Otherwise you wont get your old number back.

You have 30 days to return a phone and cancel a contract with Verizon. Atleast you use to not sure about that now.
    14 days now. It was a success! I have my money back and the contract cancelled! I am waiting for a text from Virgin right now to activate it, could the PRL mod floating around here cause a problem with that? It's been about 45 minutes now with no text.

Nvm I was just impatient. All set up again, data and everything. Their tech support is pretty bad though.

Thanks, everybody!
    05-04-2011 07:19 PM
    I don't think "careless" is the right word. Maybe "impulsive"?

By the way, if your speakers are picking up interference, you should blame the speakers, not the phone.
    05-05-2011 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD