I was reading about that baseband update in another thread. Do I have to update using the LG support tools or is there an OTA update? Also does anyone have any info on this update to actually see if this update is actually worth our time?
    05-07-2011 09:07 AM
    Give it a bit and the devs will come up with an easy solution.
    05-07-2011 04:49 PM
    Assuming we both read the same other thread- which I can't find again--

After some 5 hours of trying to get the LG software updater to recognize that the phone was connected, the update tool will now, finally, recognoze that it is connected to the phone and shows a software version V5 as available ( SW version VM 670Z V4 is what currently shows in my phone settings)

But even though the software updater shows it as available, the update option is greyed out and can't be activated. Tech support at LG says that their info reports V4 as the most curent version-- and that they are having ( continuing) problems with the updater. ( the software updatee under settings in the phone also says "system is currently up to date)

I suggested they request all LG employees to send a text message to every LG employee they know saying " hey-- if you wrote or know the guy who wrote the V5 Software update, tell him he forgot to upload it to the main server"

The tech said he would try to push this up the chain and would contact me when (ever) he gets any kind of answer.

In any event, whatever it is, is some kind of patch or update to the Virgin Mobile software under Froyo-- definitely nothing as exciting as the 2.3 update to Gingerbread.

5 hours with tech support!
    I'm hungry. Time to go get a pizza.

I was reading about that baseband update in another thread. Do I have to update using the LG support tools or is there an OTA update? Also does anyone have any info on this update to actually see if this update is actually worth our time?
    05-07-2011 09:39 PM
    Yeah i am just sketchy on doing anything with out knowing for sure what it may do. Well hopefully we will know something sooner or later!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-07-2011 10:52 PM
    Yeah i am just sketchy on doing anything with out knowing for sure what it may do. Well hopefully we will know something sooner or later!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    My money is on "later."

I got a call back from the LG tech I spoke to last week.
    -Yes- there is an update ( but no clues on what it updates)
    -According to LG, Virgin Mobile has disabled the USB path for upgrades.
    -To get this upgrade, customers need to visit a Sprint/Vigin Mobile store.( not a reseller- like Target, Radio Shack...)

So I did.

No, they don't provide update service.
    - Yes, there is an update.
    It "should" be an Over the Air update.
    --No, they don't know what it updates.
    05-13-2011 06:10 PM
    I'm hungry. Time to go get a pizza.
    Word.

-K
    05-13-2011 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD