Got my Google Music Beta invite

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Uploaded my music, installed the new app.
Needed to reboot for it to prompt for login.

At first, I thought Google Music would not be supported on the V due to OpenGL 2.0
but a reboot did the trick

Last edited:
Reactions: zoidberg_md

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying to sign up for it and it keeps telling me that it is only for the U.S. and I'm in the U.S.

EDIT: I tried from my laptop and it worked. Not sure why it wouldn't work from Opera mini.

Sent from my topless assistant

Last edited:

radiotecha1234

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Side note

I keep trying to sign up for it and it keeps telling me that it is only for the U.S. and I'm in the U.S.

EDIT: I tried from my laptop and it worked. Not sure why it wouldn't work from Opera mini.

Because opera mini's servers are located all over the world and that is what it sees.

radiotecha1234

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Side note

Because opera mini's servers are located all over the world and that is what it sees.
My bank gives me the same issues. Thinks Im trying to hack in or something.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to get Google Music (streaming beta service) to work, but continually crashes on my phone. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue ?

edit: Ok I was trying to play music from the Artists tab, and would continuously crash. Once I figured out there were tabs at the top I switched to songs, and it would play.

Seems trying to play from artist and album crashes the app for me. Playing individual songs work though

Last edited:

MeltMan274

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my music beta invite earlier, had to do same thing as OP, had to restart the phone before it would stream. My music has been super clear on it even with 1 bar of 3G and driving around in the car. It seems the V just doesn't do the nice cover flow thing they show in the preview images, but it still works real nice.

It says it's free during beta, anyone heard anything about the cost once it's out?

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Got my music beta invite earlier, had to do same thing as OP, had to restart the phone before it would stream. My music has been super clear on it even with 1 bar of 3G and driving around in the car. It seems the V just doesn't do the nice cover flow thing they show in the preview images, but it still works real nice.

It says it's free during beta, anyone heard anything about the cost once it's out?

Still no invite here :(
Not sure how much Google will charge but it looks like Apple is gonna charge $25/yr for iCloud

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today... can't wait to get home and set it up! This combined with purchasing my customized desktop(project my brother had and decided to give up) has made this a great tech week for me!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
How much storage space does the beta version have?

I think its unlimited, just takes a while to upload all your music.

Can anyone that does have access, test out going to the mobile app, in the albums tab or artists tab, press the down arrow at the end of the row and choose play. The app continuously crashes on me when I do this. Would just like a confirmation if its just me or everyone. thanks

tcat007

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I requested an invite about 4 weeks ago and got mine yesterday. I think there's a 20,000 song limit. I only have 2500... it's up to 1500 after 24 straight hours of uploading.... really slow. The free songs are pretty good. Seems like it works well, just don't upload from work and home at the same time, you'll get duplicates (the manager is kind of dumb). Wish there was an "hours total" for playlists. I created a Playlist "Freemusic" and dragged all the free music into it, just be nice to know how long that music will play. Decided to use it as my app on my Optimus, works well, wish it had the tablet interface.

gimmi80

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
unlimited... that's great. I could free up some space on my ssd.
Would you rely on it as the only place were you store your music collection?
How the integration with iTunes? I use it to manage my music.

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that it only "streams" the first time you play a song. All files are downloaded to SD ANDROID/Data/Com.Google.Android.Music/Cache/Music eating space massively as I listen to more and more music. They should just call this a syncing cloud,