Android Icecream for lg optimus coming soon

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That's why it doesn't matter as much what google says. I want to see LG themselves say that Icecream will be coming to the optimus V, since they're the ones that have to code for the hardware of the optimus. Until LG says it, who knows...

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
cyanogen will release a new build based on this new version of android. and of course the AOSPcmod will be updated as well.

in due time.. in due time..

and I would expect Ice Cream Sandwich to run on even older devices like the G1. google will make the OS friendly to older hardware if for NOTHING ELSE, but the community modders.

cmon, google release a build of android designed to unify all android based devices. the community will port it to every device, new and old. regardless. it will happen. Google themselves know the community will take care of older devices, all google has to do is make the OS friendly to high end AND low end cpus. gingerbread does that already

Reactions: RaeFlynne

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
one of the many advantages to having a rooted android device, official android release for stock phones? maybe, maybe not...rooted phones? definitely

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
think about this when ubuntu comes out with a new version you don't have to wait for you computers manufacturer to release it you just download it and install. This is something that should have been done or maybe not what's it been two three years? But if you look at the source code you can tell that it wouldn't take much to do this (for them).

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
think about this when ubuntu comes out with a new version you don't have to wait for you computers manufacturer to release it you just download it and install. This is something that should have been done or maybe not what's it been two three years? But if you look at the source code you can tell that it wouldn't take much to do this (for them).

ubuntu releases with standardized drivers that support a massive range of possible computers. different kinds of x86 and x64 CPUs that each support different features (SSE2, SSE3, etc) as well as all the different graphics adapters. AND it has to be tested stable on those.

sure a ubuntu release is under 700mb. but the majority of that space is comprised of drivers for all possible hardware configs.

android is a linux based OS for mobile devices. imagine if Google released android with drivers for pretty much every available phone! itd be huge, installation would take forever, itd probably be slow and bloated.

no its much easier to release the source and have others compile it for their specific device. and you can see why manufacturers do NOT want to do this.

1. the device is already released. its sold, its out of their hands. any more time on development is wasted money on their bottom line.

2. the appeal that keeps people buying new phones is that they run the latest android software. If every manufacturer kept updating their phones with the newest software, itd put much more pressure for them to innovate with newer hardware to attract customers.

They want you to have a device today running 2.2, and buy their next device running 2.3.

It's a good thing the community is convincing the manufacturers to even update at all! the fact that we are getting at least SOME release of 2.3 in the future is awesome. im sure the manufacturer would much rather not do it.

whats good for the consumer isnt good for the manufacturer, and vice versa. People are always going to demand continued updates from the manufacturer, but the smart ones of us should at least be thankful there is some alternatives to manufacturer only updates.

we got Gingerbread TODAY, right now, you can flash it to your phone. thats whats important.

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the optimus will get it except for 3rd party and last I heard is Aosp Cmod was stopped wasn't it?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the optimus will get it except for 3rd party and last I heard is Aosp Cmod was stopped wasn't it?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

AOSP isnt doing much for the phone

but CyanogenMod is always going to be current. that rom is on every major phone.

and our IHO roms get synced with the newest cyanogenmod very often.

soooo AOSP cmod was stopped but we have others doing hard work so we can always have it up to date.

have you SEEN any of the I.H.O. roms?? there great

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, to the OP, by 'all devices' I think they mean that it is one version for phones, tablets, and the like, as opposed to having GB for phones and Honeycomb for tablets.

I don't care about ICS for my Optimus, it'd be cool I guess but I imagine I'll have another phone by then.

buzz86us

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I am doubtful that my 600mhz rooted Optimus s will have the ability to run Android 4.0 but we will see as for right now both my phone and my tablet are running Gingerbread so I am unified!!!!

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The closest thing we have to full ICS: [ROM] Ice Cream Sandwich - BACKside Edition [RC1] - xda-developers

If you download, please hit the thank button on thaunknownartist's post. It's well deserved.

holy crap.

a real ICS rom.

wait. is it? i see the new app switcher screenshot, but everything else could be themed GB

the about screens dont show a android 4.0 or anything.

if this is legit. props to everyone involved.

cant wait for it to trickle towards the Triumph so I can test it

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
holy crap.

a real ICS rom.

wait. is it? i see the new app switcher screenshot, but everything else could be themed GB

the about screens dont show a android 4.0 or anything.

if this is legit. props to everyone involved.

cant wait for it to trickle towards the Triumph so I can test it

Sorry but if you actually read the description, you can tell it's IHO Backside with ICS theme.