Data problems

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Today around 2 PM my data suddenly dropped to 1x. Then it stopped working altogether and just kept displaying 1x. I tried to reactivate and it said it couldn't and to call customer support. So when I got home i restored to the stock nanroid backup and tried to reactivate, it didn't work. Then I wiped and flashed bumblebee then tried to reactivate, and it still didn't work. I was wondering if anyone else in my area (North East Indiana) is having any problems with data.

Black Jesus

Banned
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Today around 2 PM my data suddenly dropped to 1x. Then it stopped working altogether and just kept displaying 1x. I tried to reactivate and it said it couldn't and to call customer support. So when I got home i restored to the stock nanroid backup and tried to reactivate, it didn't work. Then I wiped and flashed bumblebee then tried to reactivate, and it still didn't work. I was wondering if anyone else in my area (North East Indiana) is having any problems with data.

Sounds like you are freaking out and doing a bunch of stuff at once and it just may be you have a data outage VM sometimes has outages.

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
3G and VM

3G not working now and then is pretty normal for VM
I usually just reboot and it comes back,unless of course it is an outage.

Your settings should be fine if it was working before, sometimes I have weird data issues on the last day of my month's plan.

Good luck and hope you'll get it working or VM getting their side working.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
When I stream Pandora for a long time it will occasionally drop to 1x, all I have to do to fix it is toggle air plane mode and it comes back with no issue. If your using apps that use a lot of data (multiple ones at a time) then it doesn't like to stay on 3G (In my experience)

bennyhu22

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Data went out in Wichita too for like 10 minutes. At first I panicked too but then realized I'm on a 2nd tier network and it was their problem

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

philly12384

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Data is out in buffalo, ny. No 3g icon or even 1x icon. No data at all. Sounds like a major outage. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Data has been out since 2 PM Central Time in Chicago.

I'm starting to look at other possible carriers in case.

Check out the rants on VMU's Facebook page!

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

sha2012

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Data out in Boston and Metro West MA as well... went down sometime after 6PM... then back again for a few minutes on my ride home... then gone again, and not back since.

MeltMan274

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Data is out here in Orlando, Florida. I noticed at 8pm EST, can't even seem to make calls after (several) reboots.

Hah, just as I think to check on here for an outage and post that it's down here too, it came back up. So Orlando seems to be functional again, I hope everyone else is too.

MeltMan274

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hah, just as I think to check on here for an outage and post that it's down here too, it came back up. So Orlando seems to be functional again, I hope everyone else is too.

Spoke too soon, 3G came up for about 20 seconds, collected my email, let me know I had four voicemails and disconnected again, back to 2 bars @ 1x.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Via their Facebook page:
Zj4aE.png

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
9:45 Central Indiana No 3G. It got shady around 2PM so did cell phone service. Dropping calls left and right but I was all over the place today. Cell signal is much better as of right now.
Funny thing is I also have a boost andriod phone and its working fine! Hummmmm......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01