Live Wallpaper freezing issues

devise

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with live wallpapers freezing on their Optimus V? I'm on my second Optimus V and they both have had issues with live wallpapers freezing. My phones arent rooted in any way.

The live wallpapers from Maxelus.net are the best out there but they all freeze on my phone! Its so frustrating. Does anyone know why this is happening? :mad:

I keep the live wallpapers on my phone memory, not the SD card.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
those are nice wallpapers, but I would have to say that they are optimus for more powerful CPUs.

like hummingbird of 1ghz snapdragon cpus.

you may get better performance if you root and install a new rom that can overclock.

right now, theres not much you can do.

EDIT

I downloaded ice galaxy and im running it as my wallpaper to see if i can reproduce the freezing problem. maybe its bad coding on the developers part and not our phones.

also. im on aospcmod 7 and overclocked to 806mhz. so if it works for me, you might consider this as one more reason to do what everyone else is going and root and isntall a new rom.

Last edited:

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
update! I've had Twisted Colors and Ice Galaxy and Shadow Galaxy freeze on my phone.

they run fine and smooth for a period of time and then they randomly freeze.

im on a stable rom, no other apps have problems.

Im going to put my money on the developer having a bug in his live wallpapers.

not the fault of the phone

also, none of the live wallpapers i used before did this. I used the falling droids one, city at night, and some others from the market, for days or weeks at a time, and none of them had this problem either

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried all the "galaxy" live wallpapers from Maxelus.net on my V (running Rodimus with Bumblebee kernel, OC to 806) and have had them all freeze up and generally make the phone more unstable. I actually even ran them on my ASUS Transformer tablet for a while (dual core Tegra) and they even seemed to make it freeze or lock up. I think live wallpapers are really cool, but I haven't really found any yet that don't make the device be more sluggish or prone to lockups.