Paid android app wont show up

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought Widgetlocker from the android market. I installed a new recovery and Bumblebee ROM. I check on the computer in android market and I can see in my account that I have it bought. But on my phone, it will not sure at all. I tried restarting, re adding the gmail account, clearing market data and cache, and everything. It will not work at all. What are my options here. I will not pirate it as it doesn't even work.

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
1.) I'm guessing you checked under "My Apps" in the market and it wasn't at the bottom of the list?

2.) If you do a search for it in the market as if you were going to buy it does it say "Purchased" instead of a price? If so then you can just re download it and they won't charge you. I know one time none of my paid apps were in the My Apps list and I had to go to their individual page to download it.

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Well this is fantastic. I wake up to recheck my account on the android market via PC, and the app isn't even showing anymore. This is complete bull. I even have the creditcard to prove it.

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me when I switched to Rodimus from stock. I lost 4 paid apps (all the apps I had paid for so far). Tried to contact google and they just kept saying to do a factory reset and make sure my account is right. A factory reset (like they wanted) will mess up a custom rom phone and I knew my account was right.

I tried contacting the developers of the software and they couldn't/wouldn't do anything either. I ended up just chalking it up to the cost of being able to get an awesome custom rom on my phone. Since then, I try to buy all my paid apps through the amazon appstore if I can. They had no problem restoring and they actually have a real customer service department.

From everything I found (i looked for a long time about this), basically you are just SOL because Google has no customer support and when you installed a custom rom you basically voided any warranty you might have had. Wish I had better news.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me when I switched to Rodimus from stock. I lost 4 paid apps (all the apps I had paid for so far). Tried to contact google and they just kept saying to do a factory reset and make sure my account is right. A factory reset (like they wanted) will mess up a custom rom phone and I knew my account was right.

You can wipe a modded phone, you just have to do so through the recovery.

"Wipe data/factory reset" and in advanced, "wipe Dalvik Cache"

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
That is just rubbish. I heard amazon app store uses up your phones memory a lot and bad news about it. I don't know if I want to use it.

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You can wipe a modded phone, you just have to do so through the recovery.

"Wipe data/factory reset" and in advanced, "wipe Dalvik Cache"

True. I guess what I was trying to get at is that the Google response was the generic "reset your phone" and not any specific advice. I tried wiping and reflashing from recovery and it didn't do anything (kind of like I expected). I have been able to purchase other apps and use the market with no issues since then, so my guess is that it is some kind of dumb DRM bug/issue or something.

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
That is just rubbish. I heard amazon app store uses up your phones memory a lot and bad news about it. I don't know if I want to use it.

I use the amazon app store quite a bit and haven't really had any issues with it. I use Link2SD, so I have tons of free internal memory (for this phone at least, about 95 MB) with about 350 MB used on the 2nd sd card partition. If you mean RAM memory, I haven't ever caught the app store running when it shouldn't be or when I didn't open it. All the apps seem to work just as well as the market versions, with the small exception that sometimes they are a version or so out of date because some developers seem to update the market first and then amazon later.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
with the small exception that sometimes they are a version or so out of date because some developers seem to update the market first and then amazon later.

This isnt the app creators, its amazon's waiting period. They make all apps wait one week before posting them on their appstore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae