Hi Guys,

My LG Optimus V is stuck in ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0 after I attempted(and failed) to flash a new type of rom onto my phone. I had successfully rooted it and stuff but when i went to actually flash a new rom onto it i accidentally erased EVERYTHING! Now i have no backup and the original stock rom is gone on my phone. So if i try to reboot or restart my phone it keeps returning to this screen
    . I tried to do these steps:

1. Put your SD Card into your computer.
    2. Download CM7 from here.
    3. Download the google apps (Market, etc...) from here
    4. Put these both on your SD Card, still zipped. (DO NOT unzip these!)
    5. Start up into recovery (Hold volume down, home, power. When you see the LG logo, release)
    6. Click wipe cache partition (you will need to use the camera button to select)
    7. Click Advanced>> Wipe Dalvik Cache
    8. Hit the power button to go back to the main recovery screen
    9. Click Mounts and storage, then format
    A) data
    B) cache
    C) boot
    D) system
    10. Click install zip from SD card
    11. Click asopCM7-VM670-20110601-signed.zip
    12. Once it finishes (it may be a while, and you should see no errors. If you do, PM me and I will help you.) Click your GApps Zip.
    13. Reboot your system. You will now be using clockwork mod 7 (aOSP CM7).

but when i try to install the asopCM7-VM670-20110601-signed.zip i get a error saying...

Installing update...
    Welcome to aospCMod-VM670-20110523!
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc"
    E:Error in /sdcard/aospCMod-VM670-20110523-signed.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Ive tried using different flashers and different roms... if anyone could help id REALLY appreciate it.
    06-20-2011 01:08 PM
    change the recovery to an older one
    06-20-2011 01:30 PM
    how can i do that?
    06-20-2011 02:03 PM
    06-20-2011 02:20 PM
    According to what I've been reading in various posts about trouble with ROM Manager's version of ClockworkMod 3.2.0.0, the only solution is the fastboot method:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ay-around.html
    06-21-2011 12:02 AM
    Hey guys i installed a new custom recovery called RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM

I used this video to do it:

Now im stuck in this recovery system. Everytime i install a custom rom it will actually install it, but it will not load when i reboot my phone. Whenever i install the ROM with the install zip from SDcard option, and then reboot my phone afterword, it returns me to the system recovery screen

Am i missing files or something else that wont make the ROM load until i install it?
    IDK what else to do...

I also used this video for the ROM installation:
    06-21-2011 01:43 AM
    Hey guys i installed a new custom recovery called RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM

I used this video to do it:

Now im stuck in this recovery system. Everytime i install a custom rom it will actually install it, but it will not load when i reboot my phone. Whenever i install the ROM with the install zip from SDcard option, and then reboot my phone afterword, it returns me to the system recovery screen

Am i missing files or something else that wont make the ROM load until i install it?
    IDK what else to do...

I also used this video for the ROM installation:
    06-21-2011 01:46 AM
    06-21-2011 10:27 AM
    I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. Downloading fastbootroot tool right now, so I'm hoping that'll fix it.
    06-21-2011 12:36 PM
    Damn you ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0! I cast your soul to the eternal fires of hell... And now I've got RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM from fastbootroot. I've tried installing aosp's rom, it says it successfully installs, but I keep getting sent back to the recovery screen when I reboot.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'll be your willing slave for a few minutes!
    06-21-2011 01:32 PM
    Try installing the xiona cwma recovery. I believe you can find it in the " Rooting, Romminng, Hacking" sticky. I've used it flash almost all of the custom roms without problems. This is the one that Romtools installs when you use it to root your phone.
    tekknic likes this.
    06-21-2011 02:40 PM
    Damn you ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0! I cast your soul to the eternal fires of hell... And now I've got RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM from fastbootroot. I've tried installing aosp's rom, it says it successfully installs, but I keep getting sent back to the recovery screen when I reboot.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'll be your willing slave for a few minutes!
    same here... i always get stuck back into the recovery screen...
    06-21-2011 02:41 PM
    First try this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/848500-post18.html

If that doesn't work, put the following file on your sdcard, then use adb and once you have adb shell open with a # sign, type the following:

flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

boot.img
    06-21-2011 04:27 PM
    Try installing the xiona cwma recovery. I believe you can find it in the " Rooting, Romminng, Hacking" sticky. I've used it flash almost all of the custom roms without problems. This is the one that Romtools installs when you use it to root your phone.
    M G, This worked!!! I've tried flashing various recoveries to fix the problem and Xionia's CW recovery fixed the problem using the 'fix recovery loop' function! I love you, riggerman. I love the whole world (apart from France and Belgium)! I will make you my favorite sandwich, a liver melt with bleu cheese, onions, and bacon on wild rice bread. And I'll eat it and say, "I hope you enjoy me eating this sandwich for you because it is quite delicious!"

LDKing93, here's exactly what I did starting from the thunderc-v-1.2.0 recovery (i'm gonna go into too much detail for other eeijits like me):

download xionia's clockwork recovery and the flash image, unzip both onto your sdcard
    put your desired rom on your sdcard (zipped, omg)
    get out of usb storage mode
    Get ADK Tools if you don't have it (search the forum, this is the easy stuff)
    Make sure you're all mounted in mounts and settings in your current recovery.
    open cmd, and get into adb shell
    (this next part is from zefie's post)
    enter the following commands:

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    # cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
    # reboot recovery

it should reboot into xionia's clockwork recovery mod
    clean dalvik cache and mount everything
    choose 'fix recovery loop' under ... advanced IIRC, I can't check right now as I'm reloading my stuff onto the fixed phone
    after the loop's fixed, get back into recovery and load whatever ROM you fancy.

WIN!
    JerryScript likes this.
    06-22-2011 12:18 AM
    I'm stuck in the clockworkmod recovery screen and when i used a method i found on another forum it completely erased everything on my sd card so am I screwed or can this be fixed
    08-20-2011 02:33 PM
    hey im new to roms and recoverys etc. and i installed a few roms on my optimus v and i followed the instructions on a thread,i dont recall wich one, but i wiped data,cache,and dalvik cache,but i forgot to make a backup. when i went to install the rom,it gave me a long message saying that there was an error in the zip file type 0 or 7 intsallation aborted. Now when i try to start my phone it dosent start its stuck at the lg logo and it can only go to clockwork mod recovery. I tried everything from new roms to trying to flash the recovery with command prompt. I dont know what else to do and i cant get another one
    01-16-2012 12:23 AM
    Download the 2011028 gapps found here Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki
    Then go here https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary and download on of these ROM's. 1st. and 5th. are good choices.

Put both as they are, zipped,onto the sdcard. Put card back in phone.
    Get back to your recovery menu and then read this http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...erys-roms.html
    Make sure you read the whole thing and be sure you have the right recovery for your phones screen.
    If you don't have the right recovery you will need to install the proper one using ADB and a command prompt.
    I can help with that too.
    01-16-2012 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD