will this brick my phone?

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post here. I learned a lot of helpfully things here, but I have a question. Will I brick my optimus if I do a factory reset throught the settings privacy menu after rooting and just removing some useless bloatware. The Rom and recovery and kernal are all stock I just removed things. Thanks for any help

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ive found in the almost year I have owned a android device of some flavor, when people make threads like this the answer should always be YES you will brick your phone.

This is only because They are asking because they dont know and probably havent spent ten minutes searching.

To the OP, In reality no you probably wont brick it. But for safety's sake YES you have a chance of bricking the device. TO reset via the recovery menu will always be the safest way to go back to default settings.

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Eollie, there is always a possibility that you'll brick your phone. But to me... it's worth it. Especially flashing to an updated ROM. But it is up to you if you want to take that chance. :cool:

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a stock root on my ov and when I did the factory reset via privacy settingsit bricked, my incident may have been a fluke but it made my phone brick..

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk