i just bought my LG Optimus V today and suddenely 3G stopped working ... any help ?

keko1991

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
hello
i just bought LG Optimus V today
eveerything was workin fine
the 3G was working fine , i tried the wifi and it worked ok
then when i turned off the wifi and tried to access the internet via 3G it stopped working
i cant access any website via 3G now
and i tried almost everything to fix it but nothing worked
i tried restarting my phone and removing the battery nothin worked
the network bars are fine so i dunno whats the problem here
its really pissing me off cuz i just got the phone
any suggestion guys ?
i really need help with that
thank u in advance

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This exact same thing happened to one of the 2 OVs I bought about a week from release. Me and my wife each got one and hers started fine in the store surfing the web on 3G as mine was being activated. When we got home she switched to wifi and it worked and she left it on wifi till we left the next morning. As we drove she tried to use her gps to get directions and nothing 3G would work. My phone which I never switched to wifi worked fine on 3G. After owning mine for about a week I tried wifi and didn't have trouble switching between. We tried for weeks calling VM to get it reactivated, reset, reconfigured, and rebooted. Nothing fixed it so on the 29th day we returned her phone. I never tried rooting or ROMing it but thats because we were trying to work with VM to get it fixed since it was an on going issue for 3G at that time. We recently bought her another OV since the price dropped back down to 150 and just to be safe we didn't use wifi for the first 48 hours something a VM tech support agent advised us to do. There was maybe still is an issue with the way they activated android data which happens anywhere from 1-6 hours after u have the phone activated. The 2 stage process could somehow be corrupt and get stuck unfinished and the phone wouldn't be able to connect, this was the tech's guess so not sure how right he was but I didn't have any problems with her new OV.

kristina303

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the optimus v and my 3G stops working every once in a while. Just disable for a few minutes then re-enable it and it should work just fine.