Just got the Samsung Gear VR Glasses & Love them

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I got the Samsung Gear VR glasses last week and they are Great, few questions.

1. I can't seem to get them 100% in focus, anyone have any advice how to make them clear as HD?
2. How can I get 3d or a full movie to watch on the VR glasses?
Where is best place for content?
3. Do you recommend a controller for gaming vs. the buttons on the side?
4. Is there a setting I can lay down and be looking at glasses straight on? if I lay down it appears I am now looking UP and not at things vs. sitting upright.

Thank you,
Shane

TornadoQuake

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
1) I turned the focus wheel all the way to the right hand side and it's still a bit blurry, but I think most things (videos especially) are just not that big of a resolution to begin with. It will look blurry, even with the great screen of the note 4 it's just not high enough resolution.

2) A good place for videos is that new app Milk VR. It has quick 2-5 minute videos. As for full-length movies, I think the only way to get them to show up in the Cinema is to install them onto the SD card. I forget the full path but look near: "/extsdcard/Oculus/Movies/MyVideos" or something like that. You can place you own movie files there, but make sure they are ".mp4" file types or they won't show up.

3) Some games require a controller and others don't. I haven't used a controller yet so I can't really comment on that.

4) As for laying down, you can only lay down and use this device if you're in the Cinema and using the "Void Theater". You can then get comfortable then it should say "tap the touch pad to reorient" or some such thing. I don't think you can use other apps or games in any other position besides sitting up and lookin straight ahead.

Posted via the Android Central App,
AT&T Note 4!

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, transfering some mp4's over to My Videos now. I like the Modes for cinema, home theatre, movie theatre or on the moon background.

Will there be a "Google Play Store/ App Store" concept soon where you can purchase content from the Note 4/ Gear VR or not this model?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Use all the Cardboard apps, I started with Google Cardboard because I could not get the Gear VR. Now that I have the Gear VR I use the cardboard apps and don't plug in the USB, for me works fine.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.b2cloud.nye2012&token=6lj8Pf4Z

Try the 2014 Sidney New Years app. Run the app and pull the menu down, select 360° and start a video, tap the little cardboard icon when the video starts, slip the Note 4 in the Gear VR but put the USB away from the plug. I use a BT mouse to control things.

Increases content quite a bit by sneaking the Note 4 in the Gear VR in Cardboard mode

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I love the device, I just feel like I have gone through all the content (multiple times) and I would like new media/ content.

Anyone else there or where can I get more material to see? I am really impressed by this, just want to do more with it,

Shane