Galaxy S7 and Samsung Gear VR - Oculus Installation problem

SBeliveau

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S7
Every time I start the Oculus Software, It tell me that an "Update require"

I have the latest OS. And I already try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall multiple time.

Does anyone experiencing this problem ?
At my first install, the Facebook service was disable. I have re-enable it and restart all the process, but I still have the same issue.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S7
Every time I start the Oculus Software, It tell me that an "Update require"

I have the latest OS. And I already try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall multiple time.

Does anyone experiencing this problem ?
At my first install, the Facebook service was disable. I have re-enable it and restart all the process, but I still have the same issue.

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you disable any other apps other than the Facebook app?

SBeliveau

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes AMAZON
FaceBook
Instagram
mobiXpress
OneDrive
OneNote

I'm very busy presently, but as soon I have time, I plan to do a hard reset.
The people "Support" of Oculus are useless, they tell to call my provider.
I offered to oculus to run a debug but no answer. I'm really disappointed.

Thanks for helping

SBeliveau

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
OK, I found it, it was com.facebook.system that was disable, but it doesn't appear in the app list. So when I try to start the facebook app, it ask me to re-enable it. After that, I was able to do the update.
What a peace of ch t

Thanks a lot, you put me in the right direction.

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. through oculus on vr it will download but won't install and then prompts to download again. I don't see anywhere the .com.Facebook and all the apps are enabled. can anyone help?

Dave King3

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
What a pile of junk mines the same complete joke oculus dont know their arse from their elbows the people who are there to help havnt even got a clue all they are doing is looking through forums themselves if anyone has found a fix to this very anoying problem could they be so kind to post please i have a galaxy note 7 and the vr2 and i cant help thinking that the best thing that could have happned is to clip the phone into the vr and hope they both blow up not just one of them

Bloop Bloop1

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. through oculus on vr it will download but won't install and then prompts to download again. I don't see anywhere the .com.Facebook and all the apps are enabled. can anyone help?

I have the same exact problem. The only solution I found from the Oculus website was re-enabling the Facebook app installer, which I couldn'the find anywhere. I'm really hoping someone knows how to fix this.

devdok

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings
Applications
Application Manager
Scroll down and make sure “com.facebook.appmanager is enabled
Then top left corner tap more show system apps
Scroll down and make sure com.facebook.appmanage is enabled

Took me ages to figure this out hope it helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics