Package Disabler -- What needs to be enabled?

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I already posted in the S7e forum, but this may be a better forum for my question.

Has anyone figured out exactly what packages need to be enabled to allow Oculus to run correctly? I've disabled most of those mentioned in this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-package-disabler-pro-my-verizon-s7-edge.html

The problem I'm having is only when installing or updating Oculus software. The app or game will download via the Oculus app, but it fails to install. The quick workaround has been to just enable all packages to allow the install, then re-import the XML file to get back to where I was. If anyone's figured out exactly what packages need to be running though, that'd be great.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It should be a process called gear vr service and that's the one that disables the auto launch for the Samsung vr setvice. You can also install cardboard enabler for gear vr which makes it easier to disable without having to go thru the packet Disabler process.

Posted via the Android Central App

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I actually have all the Gear packets enabled, anything with gear in the title, including Gear VR Service. I can actually use Oculus just fine, once the apps are installed. Where I'm having an issue is the actual installation of apps from within the Oculus app itself, as you need to go through that to purchase, update, or add on anything from the Oculus store. The purchased app will download, but install will continue to fail and repeat itself until I enable all packets. Once the game or whatever is installed through Oculus, I can re-disable packets as before, and things work fine.

I've obviously disabled something that prevents installation from within Oculus from completing correctly. Just hoping someone may have an idea of which app that may be.