PLEASE!! Help me, I am trying to set up some kind of wireles tethering. I would like to be able to use the wireless hotspot that comes with my Vivid however, I keep getting the message "if you want to tether this device please call 611" Is there a work around for this? My Htc Vivid has been unlocked and the boot loader has also been unlocked I just finnished rooting it succesfully WHEW!! I have an old unlimited data plan that I di not wish to give up and AT&T says that if I want to tether I must give up unlimited! So here I am. Any ideas?
    Frustrated:
    01-26-2012 10:10 PM
    Check the market for a program called 'Wireless Tether'
    01-26-2012 10:56 PM
    Thanks but that app doesn't seem to work either. I cannot get my computer to link with it. I have tried changing the dsn with no luck, Gary
    01-26-2012 11:26 PM
    pdanet

barnacle tether
    01-27-2012 08:35 AM
    Awsome! However, my phone and computer still will not comunicat. I have tried everything that is stated to do with Barnacle Tether. I get connected but no communication other than that My phone does not recognize any devices connected and waits. My computer says connected however, it will not connect to the internet. It's as if it stalls just after connect. I have tried to hit the search just as I connect but that doesn't work either.
    Barnacle Tether is so far the best app I have found, Thank you Now if I can only get it to work, Gary
    Could there be a block within my HTC's original code writen by AT&T or someone that is restricting my use?
    Getting Frustrated, Gary
    01-28-2012 01:14 PM
    Congratulations.
    You frustrated? Well I completed the boot loader unlock process at the HTC DEV site and the last step was that an email would be sent to me regarding a code that I would need with instructions.

NO EMAIL. I repeated the process - no email and no way to contact them. What is another way to unlock the bootloader and not deal with these guys? How did you unlock the bootloader and root your Vivid? - Help

Carlos
    carlos@cmmartinez.com
    01-30-2012 01:13 PM
    I actually had a similar case and took my work to a different computer. IT WORKED!
    I have no idea why the second computer made the difference but it did. I was able to complete the download process and get my phones bootloader unlocked.
    If that is not possible try another cable to connect your phone. Some say this can be an issue.
    Good luck, Gary
    01-31-2012 12:43 PM
    I wanted to thank everyone for your help. I ended up flashing a Rum_Raider Rom to my Htc Vivid and it is working great! I am up and running with Wireless Hot Spot working.
    02-15-2012 05:24 PM
    Congratulations.
    You frustrated? Well I completed the boot loader unlock process at the HTC DEV site and the last step was that an email would be sent to me regarding a code that I would need with instructions.

NO EMAIL. I repeated the process - no email and no way to contact them. What is another way to unlock the bootloader and not deal with these guys? How did you unlock the bootloader and root your Vivid? - Help

Carlos
    carlos@cmmartinez.com
    I'm new to Android. I'm trying to learn how to root my HTC VIVID. I just wanted to see if someone could give me a step by step process on how to root and unlock the boot loader on my Vivid. I would really appreciate the help. My email is Wigley9394@ gmail.com
    02-23-2012 10:25 AM
    I'm new to Android. I'm looking for some help on how to root my Vivid, an unlock the boot loader. If someone could give me a step by step process, i would really appreciate it. My email is Wigley9394@gmail.com
    02-23-2012 10:28 AM
    Just flash WildChild's Vivid ROM, I'm using it right now and by far, the stablest ROM I've messed with. And you could even overclock the Vivid from 2.4 GHz to 3.6 GHz! Take a look if you're interested.
    07-05-2012 09:07 PM
    I did this on my Vivid ROM that i
    rooted it and tried it and it works perfectly!!
    You'll need SQ Lite Editor:
    1) Dialer Storage
    2) telephony.db
    3) carriers
    4) 12 Entitlement 310410
    you shoud change the value under "apn" from "broadband" to "pta"
    5) Please restart your device and you will get it!!
    07-07-2012 04:06 PM
    That's too much, I just flashed WildChild. It looks the same as the Stock ROM, but its tweaked. Take a look:

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    07-07-2012 04:09 PM
    07-07-2012 04:11 PM
    Just flash WildChild's Vivid ROM, I'm using it right now and by far, the stablest ROM I've messed with. And you could even overclock the Vivid from 2.4 GHz to 3.6 GHz! Take a look if you're interested.
    Does the WC rom enable the wifi tether feature like the Rum_Raider_Rom has been reported to enable?
    08-31-2012 07:42 AM
    Does the WC rom enable the wifi tether feature like the Rum_Raider_Rom has been reported to enable?
    As always, WiFi Hotspot and Tether works perfectly! Love it! It's in my signature!
    09-01-2012 01:16 PM
    How did you root it?

10-15-2012 07:49 PM
    USB tether and WiFi hotspot light By svtp
    05-22-2013 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD