So I unlocked via HTCdev and then rooted with the Hasson2000 (I think that's what it's called?) all-in-one toolkit. So I am still S-On. Downloaded ROM Manager. Flashed CWM with ROM manager. Tried to backup using ROM Manger. After choosing backup phone gets stuck at white HTC screen on reboot. I battery-pulled and started normally and it works fine.

Sidenote: ROM Manager lists the backup, but I'm not sure it would actually work? What do you guys think?

Now, the problem is that I can't seem to boot into any type of recovery! I tried to boot into recovery by selecting it in ROM manager, but I get stuck at the same HTC screen. Then I tried to manually boot into recovery with HBOOT. I get to HBOOT, but when I select recovery it gets stuck on the HTC screen again!

I was reading through the forums and I think I saw someone with a similar problem. Someone suggested that the phone needs to be relocked (which I have not done) and use RUU. I'm still a noob to this, and I have no idea what RUU even is. Any explanation of that would be helpful. Do you think this solution would work for me?
    08-04-2012 09:26 PM
    NVM problem fixed by simply flashing CWM v5.5.0.4 For some reason ROM Manager gave me 5.0.2.7
    08-04-2012 10:19 PM
    I never liked CWM for my Vivid, I mean, it was easy to use, but it was buggy. I use a custom recovery. Works better.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    08-05-2012 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD