Stuck on juopunut black screen

EyeGee

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to root my phone. I have unlocked it, but I was trying to get the s-off and then unlock the SIM. When I was doing the s-off it got stuck at juopunut screen. I am not sure what I did wrong. I used Hassoon's AIO for this.

I'm hoping I didn't brick this phone because I really like it. If it is currently bricked, is it a temporary/fixable issue? I have rooted and unlocked an HTC Inspire, a Samsung Glide and jailbroken several iPhones. This is the toughest one of them all.

Any ideas, help, or insight is greatly appreciated.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to root my phone. I have unlocked it, but I was trying to get the s-off and then unlock the SIM. When I was doing the s-off it got stuck at juopunut screen. I am not sure what I did wrong. I used Hassoon's AIO for this.

I'm hoping I didn't brick this phone because I really like it. If it is currently bricked, is it a temporary/fixable issue? I have rooted and unlocked an HTC Inspire, a Samsung Glide and jailbroken several iPhones. This is the toughest one of them all.

Any ideas, help, or insight is greatly appreciated.

You're only soft bricked if you're able to still turn the Vivid on. And are you S-ON still? If so, there may be help for you, but it will take you back to square one: a device that works but is stock. And the Vivid is locked weirdly so that its difficult to get S-OFF unless you do the method with Juopnut or whatever. That'd why its hard to develop on ROM wise. But yes, please report back when you can.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

EyeGee

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate your reply. I was able to figure it out. I flashed my ROM again and this time I was smart enough to put the img file in the right folder to make it work. I rebooted and as you stated went back to square one. I followed everything and got unlocked, then s-off, then sim unlock in less than an hour.
My biggest mistake I think was that I had not installed the Android SDK. I am not quite sure if this was the issue, but once that was installed I flew through it in minutes. In fact, the toughest part of it all was the wire trick which took me about 4 tries to get it right.

Again thanks for your help. My HTC Vivid is working now. I am using the Miui ROM in case anyone reads this and is wondering. I flashed the rom after I did the first unlock before I did the s-off. It worked like that, although I have read many places that it is not a good idea to do that. So all is good now. Yay!!:cool:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Nice, well happy flashing, just be careful now with S-OFF. XD I'm too scared to want to do it. I have the resources, but in case of trouble, my RUU is useless. :p Congrats.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox