So, I'm I have an HTC Vivid that I need help with. I rooted it a few months ago which I eventually figured out and got working. After that it stopped charging. I took it to the place where I got it (a electronics buy/sell/repair place) and they replaced the charge port for me, but now no computers recognize it. I have all the programs and tried it on multiple computers and it always says its not recognizable. I thought it wasn't connected right, so I checked the connections and they're fine. I thought maybe something about the phone didn't recognize the new part correctly so I attempted to return it to factory settings through the boot menu or whatever and now it doesn't get past the white htc screen. I believe I need to flash a new rom, but can I do that without being able to connect it and interface with a computer? Can I somehow get it to its factory settings and see if it still isn't recognized?

Thanks for any help.
    12-13-2014 07:53 PM
    Try reinstalling the drivers for the phone. Htc should have it on their website.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-13-2014 10:14 PM
    I've checked all the drivers. It stopped communicating with the computer literally the day they changed the plug. I'll try again, recheck them all though.
    12-18-2014 04:50 PM