S4 takes one minute to dial a number

Paul Stavrou

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have recently came across a problem with my galaxy s4 (GT-I9505). When i try to dial a number (or slide across a contact) nothing happens. After around 30secs - 1 minute it dials the number that i typed. This is not acceptable by a high spec mobile phone.

I tried erasing apps and other media from the storage, clearing the ram, closing running apps even rebooting the phone. Strangely, the general performance of the phone is awesome. It runs smooth and fast. But i try to make a call this lag problem appears.

It's very strange. Do you have any ideas?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have recently came across a problem with my galaxy s4 (GT-I9505). When i try to dial a number (or slide across a contact) nothing happens. After around 30secs - 1 minute it dials the number that i typed. This is not acceptable by a high spec mobile phone.

I tried erasing apps and other media from the storage, clearing the ram, closing running apps even rebooting the phone. Strangely, the general performance of the phone is awesome. It runs smooth and fast. But i try to make a call this lag problem appears.

It's very strange. Do you have any ideas?

Have you specifically cleared the cache for the phone app?

Sent from my AT&T One XL

Paul Stavrou

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
No i thought i would leave that as a final choice :/ Im constantly searching the web to find the solution to the problem. it appears that other people face this problem too and some replaced the dialer with a 3rd party one but i dont want to do that.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
No i thought i would leave that as a final choice :/ Im constantly searching the web to find the solution to the problem. it appears that other people face this problem too and some replaced the dialer with a 3rd party one but i dont want to do that.

If you decide on doing it, make sure you backup everything.

Examples:
-Sync your contacts with Gmail
-Upload pictures and files to Dropbox, Google Drive, Sugarsync, Box, Copy, etc...

Paul Stavrou

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, after of many days of struggling I came up to a review that said that Prey Project anti-theft software caused problems with dialers on many people. Indeed, the problems started after i installed prey project but i never thought that this app could affect my phone's functions.
So, I removed it and restarted the phone. So far any calls that I have made were instant and no delay appeared in the contacts menu. I think my problem is solved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12