How to uninstall Vodafone Chat/Messenger & IMS Framework service?

JackHRich

May 13, 2013
Visit site
My phone recently downloaded the an update from Vodafone which claimed to be their new Chat/Messenger service (which acts a little like the Apple iMessenger server I think), I say my phone because I don't think it gave me much of an option.
However I now don't actually seem to have that app installed at all - not actually a problem as I don't want it anyway.

The problem is that it now seems to been draining my battery in rapid fashion.
It seems to have installed the IMS Framework app (or changed it, I'm not sure if a version of it is a default installation on the phone).
This app won't allow the phone to sleep, which is what I think causing the excessive battery usage.
Is there anyway of uninstalling this in the normal mode, or am I likely going to have to go into the boot menu (not sure if I've got that right) to do so?
If so how do I go about doing this for the S4 as I'm having trouble finding up to date instructions...

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I would power the phone down and pull the battery for a few minutes, then try rebooting. Let's see if that will help.

JackHRich

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, but that hasn't really helped unfortunately.
IMS Framework is still second highest on my Battery usage list (within settings), using 35%, I think it is also causing the system to run at an unusually high level as Android System is top with 40%.
I'm sure the best way to solve this is to remove IMS Framework. What do you think?

JackHRich

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The vast majority of the time, yes, I don't really use it whilst I'm at work.
The weird thing was the day after I posted (Thursday, 9th September) it dropped right down the list of apps draining battery power - down to about 3%. Then over the weekend it didn't seem to be on the list at all.
But today it's back up to being the top drainer at 40%, and the android system is back up behind it in second at 38% (it also dropped right down the list on the intervening days). Any idea why this might be?

On the days where it wasn't such a drain the device wasn't sitting idle so much, as I wasn't at work, but the battery didn't drain any faster than usual - I got a full day's use out of it without having to charge. But today it's draining the battery again and I've barely used it. Any idea why this might have happened as well?

I'd still like to know how to remove it from the phone all together, as this would logically be a sure fire way to eliminate the problem.

JackHRich

May 13, 2013
Visit site
You need to root your phone to do this. Then install root uninstaller from the play store to delete it.

Thanks Gavin2100, do you know if there is a guide to doing this on here?

Another question that has occurred to me is whether doing this would harm the standard SMS/MMS app, or whether it would just return to the factory setting, or it's status as it was at the last OS update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech