Vibrate does not work on HTC Sensation XE

lechesolara

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post here so go easy.

Just got a factory unlocked HTC Sensation XE, and am loving it so far except for one thing - the vibrate function does not work. I have downloaded and tried Smart Vibrator and Sound Manager, but still does not work. I'm hoping I'm not advised to send it back as I bought online and that would be a big hassle.

When I lower the ringer volume all the way down I get the vibrate symbol but it just does not vibrate.

Help!

algee

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Keep your finger on the volume button for longer, it should then constantly vibrate, if no you can take the back cover off and see the vibrate assembly at the bottom of the phone, if its not moving it is probably broken and will need sending back.

Reactions: lechesolara

lechesolara

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd provide an update on this.

After having the phone almost 2 months and the vibrate function never having worked, I had searched everywhere for a solution I was resigned to either sending the phone back to HTC (a lot of hassle) or just living without the vibrate option. Until today when the phone fell from my shirt pocket about 4 feet on to hard wood floor.:'( I picked it up fearing the worst, but was pleasantly surprised to discover no damage and the vibrate now works for the first time.

Not a solution I would ever have attempted or recommended, but it did the trick.:D

Floydsters1

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a HTC sensation xe. I noticed the vibrate function wasn't working after turning the brand new phone on.

I decided to scroll the net looking for answers, and I came across this post. I've been a HTC and android user since the original HTC G1 and was getting frustrated because I couldn't understand why the vibration was not working. I looked at all the settings within the phone.

I then decided to drop my phone at least 10 times onto the carpet, and hey presto the vibration started to work. Sad but true. Thanks for updating your post, you saved me sending my phone back!

It looks like the vibration mechanism just needed a jolt! :)

Floydsters1

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
My vibrate stopped working again, and after several bangs to the phone, it started working again. It looks like the sensation xe is faultly. I'll be sending this phone straight back:(

Noel66

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem with mine since I bought it, sometimes works when I take the cover off, mine's the non-xe version - but there's virtually no difference between the two.

Zeej Sterling

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The vibration device can be found at the bottom of the phone, so use one hand and slap the bottom part of your phone in the other hand hard for 5 times and the vibration should start working again.:confused:

jonsand3

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had my HTC sensation for almost 2 years, vibration just stopped working, smacked the lower back of it on my knee a bunch of times, works now! Hey, it's cheaper than buying a new one!!:D