There you have it!! speed comparsions etc
    i guess all of you guys are waiting for the .. Samsung Hercules now
    HTC Sensation vs Samsung Galaxy S II [Video] - SlashGear

yep! discuss!

if anyones curious which cpu is better
    "Samsung scored 3504 overall, with 7119 in the CPU category. In contrast, the HTC managed 2245 overall, with 5918 in the CPU category. I/O is also low, at half the score that the GSII manages. Bear in mind, though, that raw benchmarks generally don’t tell the whole story, and depending on how HTC (and Samsung) throttles its processor, results will vary widely (you can see that in the video above, where both phones get different in a different run of Quadrant; the CPU appears to be so new that Quadrant can’t identify it, either, in the System Info pane)."
    05-20-2011 04:59 PM
    Thanks for sharing. However, I am so sick of reading about the Galaxy S 2 on the Sensation forums. Even if someone offered me a free Galaxy S 2 I would respectively decline. I think HTC makes better phones. They also feel a lot better.
    05-20-2011 08:09 PM
    Thanks for sharing. However, I am so sick of reading about the Galaxy S 2 on the Sensation forums. Even if someone offered me a free Galaxy S 2 I would respectively decline. I think HTC makes better phones. They also feel a lot better.
    Speak for yourself, I for one am really pissed that the SGS2 isn't coming to T Mobile USA, or at least that is what the rumors are saying.

After the SGS2 the Sensation is next on my list, although I wish it had 1 GB of RAM and not 768 MB

If they are able to unlock the bootloader then it is a serious contender to replace my Nexus One.
    05-20-2011 08:25 PM
    Speak for yourself, I for one am really pissed that the SGS2 isn't coming to T Mobile USA, or at least that is what the rumors are saying.

After the SGS2 the Sensation is next on my list, although I wish it had 1 GB of RAM and not 768 MB

If they are able to unlock the bootloader then it is a serious contender to replace my Nexus One.
    You wouldn't even the notice the 256MB difference in ram. However I do wish the Sensation had more internal memory. I knew T-Mobile wasn't gonna get both devices. If I had to pick I'd go with the HTC device.

The locked bootloader is a major let down but I'm sure people will find a way around it. I personally prefer not to void the warranty on a $500 phone. Just me.
    05-20-2011 08:57 PM
    hmm by unlocking the bootloader.. what does it do? lol im new..

i heard tmobile was getting a better phone than the samsung galaxy s2 called the samsung Hercules.
    i went to the store and i was looking at the screen on the samsung phone and its.. amazing.
    05-20-2011 09:02 PM
    hmm by unlocking the bootloader.. what does it do? lol im new..

i heard tmobile was getting a better phone than the samsung galaxy s2 called the samsung Hercules.
    i went to the store and i was looking at the screen on the samsung phone and its.. amazing.
    Unlocking the bootloader will allow users to load custom roms. Now when I had the Galaxy S 4G, I found it to have the best screen ever on any phone but the UI wasn't very appealing. I think HTC wins hands down when it comes to UI. I also found the phone to lag constantly, primarily do to the 105MB of remaining storage.
    05-20-2011 09:06 PM
    More internal storage would be nice, so would a SAMOLED+ screen. My N1 is pretty much full, so I am having to constantly shuffle apps around when I find a new one l want to install.
    05-20-2011 09:18 PM
    hmm what are some good apps?
    05-20-2011 09:19 PM
    More internal storage would be nice, so would a SAMOLED+ screen. My N1 is pretty much full, so I am having to constantly shuffle apps around when I find a new one l want to install.
    1GB is plenty for apps, especially since you can move apps to the SD. Would 8 or 16 GB total (so 13 or so user accessible) been better? Heck yeah. But this isn't a situation like with the N1 or even the Samsung Galaxy S 4G.

I also don't care to hear much more about the GSII. Its a great phone trapped in the usual dime-store samsung body. Samsung REALLY needs to farm out their ID to HTC or another ODM, because its awful, and it mars what is otherwise a good experience. The fastest CPU in the world can't make up for a body made-up of the same plastics as a cheap toy. Some of their 'coach built' models like the Nexus S avoid the pitfalls of their million-selling mainstream models, but they're still not great.

I'll take the Aluminum Sensation with a qHD SLCD over the plastic-bodied SAMOLED+ GSII any day of the week.
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
    05-20-2011 10:58 PM

if anyones curious which cpu is better
    "Samsung scored 3504 overall, with 7119 in the CPU category. In contrast, the HTC managed 2245 overall, with 5918 in the CPU category. I/O is also low, at half the score that the GSII manages. Bear in mind, though, that raw benchmarks generally dont tell the whole story, and depending on how HTC (and Samsung) throttles its processor, results will vary widely (you can see that in the video above, where both phones get different in a different run of Quadrant; the CPU appears to be so new that Quadrant cant identify it, either, in the System Info pane)."
    My atrix scores 8000 on cpu category therefore my cpu is better.

These benchmarks mean nothing, higher resolutions will always be lower.
    05-21-2011 08:42 AM
    That is true and the htc sensation has that.. crazy hungry UI
    05-21-2011 10:53 AM
    You wouldn't even the notice the 256MB difference in ram. However I do wish the Sensation had more internal memory. I knew T-Mobile wasn't gonna get both devices. If I had to pick I'd go with the HTC device.

The locked bootloader is a major let down but I'm sure people will find a way around it. I personally prefer not to void the warranty on a $500 phone. Just me.
    i really hope that will be false because i want something to upgrade from.
    05-24-2011 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD