What are Ambassadors?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

ambassador-badge.jpg

You might have noticed some members have an 'Ambassador' tag under their username. If you've come here to learn more about them, good on ya!

Ambassadors have been hand-picked by our volunteers and team leads for their knowledge, desire and passionate support of our communities. They take it upon themselves to welcome new members and answer any questions they have in a timely manner, among other things. Basically, they're awesome members that provide a warm and welcome voice, and helpful/knowledgeable advice.

Our Ambassador Expectations and Responsibilities:

• Welcome new members on a daily basis in our Introductions forum (and elsewhere!)
  • Be friendly, warm and inviting.
  • Maintain a high level of activity in our forums (our team average is 15 new threads per month and 10 posts per day)
  • Ensure no new thread/question goes unanswered!
  • Be a champion for Android Central and Mobile Nations
Our Ambassadors are some of the most friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people you'll find around these parts. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, see our application thread to learn how you can apply!

Who is on the Android Central Ambassador Team?

Team Leader:
Javier P , belodion

Team Members:

• B. Diddy
  • Golfdriver97
  • rukbat
  • STARGATE
  • Almeuit
  • Spookdroid
  • VW Maverick
  • belodion
  • LeoRex
  • Javier P
  • wizzrah
  • Morty2264
  • Mike Dee
  • Chuckg73
If you have any questions or concerns about the Ambassador team or any of its members, feel free to reach out to me or belodion at any time!

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
ed103b68ab964272d8db97914d32ab2c.gif

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
This whole "Ambassador" thing and all the other admin things from AC are completely missing in smaller forums. I guess the whole reason I can survive on this forum without a single criticism/insult shot at me is the fact that AC is the ONLY forum out there with decent administration. On smaller forums, admins like to be arrogant and claim that they can say/do anything they want while the members have to be lifeless peons.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This whole "Ambassador" thing and all the other admin things from AC are completely missing in smaller forums. I guess the whole reason I can survive on this forum without a single criticism/insult shot at me is the fact that AC is the ONLY forum out there with decent administration. On smaller forums, admins like to be arrogant and claim that they can say/do anything they want while the members have to be lifeless peons.

As Ambassador Team Leader, my point of view is this (I posted this in another thread, but I can't find it): everyone started as a beginner. At some point, Joe Montana couldn't throw a football, Bobby Fischer didn't know how to play chess, etc. Everyone here, from the newest member, to @B. Diddy or @LeoRex didn't know the Android OS well. That is why I stress to the Ambassadors that we welcome everyone we suspect that is a new member, to make them feel welcome to post anything within reason. The stifling of questions that are perceived as basic can turn away new users.

There is another popular Android site (that shall remain nameless) that I actually am hesitant to ask any question on due to how they treat users who ask questions like that. This example is my guiding point on how I do NOT want my Ambassadors to act.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As Ambassador Team Leader, my point of view is this (I posted this in another thread, but I can't find it): everyone started as a beginner. At some point, Joe Montana couldn't throw a football, Bobby Fischer didn't know how to play chess, etc. Everyone here, from the newest member, to @B. Diddy or @LeoRex didn't know the Android OS well. That is why I stress to the Ambassadors that we welcome everyone we suspect that is a new member, to make them feel welcome to post anything within reason. The stifling of questions that are perceived as basic can turn away new users.

There is another popular Android site (that shall remain nameless) that I actually am hesitant to ask any question on due to how they treat users who ask questions like that. This example is my guiding point on how I do NOT want my Ambassadors to act.

Thumbs_up.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I felt like that in one of the headphone forums when I first got the V20 and was looking for Intel on compatible headphones. They didn't even understand how the V20 DAC worked and were trying to make me feel like a noob. They didn't realize that I knew more from a professional perspective than they did.

Last edited:

Cecyr

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello I resently left a msg about my PC not recognizing my phone. Still nothing! also how do I comment to the people that left me messages???????

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks, but I do not have enough time for this

You are also a bit early in your Android Central membership to join one of our volunteer teams. IF you have more time in as a member, quality posts, and of course your own TIME, perhaps you'll consider applying at some point in the future.

In the meanwhile please feel free to help folks "member to member", post your own questions, problems, and otherwise threads, as your time permits. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci