Meet the new Trusted Member Team Leader!

Sigewif

Trusted Member
Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Congrats, Joe. I mostly hang out over at CrackBerry. I am looking forward to what's in store. Regarding the reference to herding cats--no, I did not see it before posting the cat sticker in our BBM group, for those who saw it. LOL. But cats are also are loyal companions. ;)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Congrats, Joe. I mostly hang out over at CrackBerry. I am looking forward to what's in store. Regarding the reference to herding cats--no, I did not see it before posting the cat sticker in our BBM group, for those who saw it. LOL. But cats are also are loyal companions. ;)

We should invite @Golfdriver97 to the BBM Group! OR is it time to start up a Trusted Member Google Hangout?

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was initially leaning towards a HO.

We already have an optional mostly for fun BBM group, but if you setup a HO count me in. :). If you want an invite to the BBM group, IF you even use BBM, let me know. As you probably already know there are way to many TMs than we have room for in any of these programs. Lol

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
We already have an optional mostly for fun BBM group, but if you setup a HO count me in. :). If you want an invite to the BBM group, IF you even use BBM, let me know. As you probably already know there are way to many TMs than we have room for in any of these programs. Lol
A HO for a few reasons ( meant to include in my last post) I'm probably going to have regular meetings, like I did with my Ambassadors. I have yet to try Hangouts on air, this might be the time to test.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A HO for a few reasons ( meant to include in my last post) I'm probably going to have regular meetings, like I did with my Ambassadors. I have yet to try Hangouts on air, this might be the time to test.

@James Falconer told me at one point that we had over 200 TMs. Not sure what the current number is but there is no way we could all fit. Or can Hangouts handle that? Maybe we can have a core group or what's that business term for the small group that runs things? Or rotate people at the meetings?

EDIT: steering committee is the term I was looking for!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On air can only hold 10 or so. So maybe a couple core users and a rotating group. In theory, with the on air part, the call can be recorded and people can watch at their leisure.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To give more detail: how I ran my Ambassador meetings was I went over any old business first, as a refresher for those that attended the prior meeting and it gave a way for others to catch up, so to speak. My notes usually are fairly detailed, and the only thing that may be missed in a video call is any elaboration on points that I make.

My outline (for Ambassador meetings, at least):
1. Old business
2. New business
3. Senior Ambassador (it's only fair I give my XO a few minutes each meeting to bring up points he'd like to be seen addressed)
4. Moderators (if any are attending, same as above)
5. Questions/Concerns (basically opening the floor to anyone attending to bring anything up)

I'll follow the same format. It has worked well so far, I see no need to change it.