Can the new Gear VR be used with the Note 4?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I have the old Gear VR and the Note 4 but would like the USB hub inside the new VR. Anyone know if the Note 4 will work in the new one?

tia

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The benefit of upgrading to the Note 5 isn't worth just being able to use the newer Gear VR headset. The changes between the 4 and the 5 are pretty insignificant far as I can tell. I was thinking of removing the mounting bracket from the older Gear VR and putting it on the new Gear VR, it is simply a piece of plastic. As long as the holes for the screws are spaced the same it should work, I'd think.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The Note 5 is a much better upgrade to me, I also had the Note 4. Or you can grab an edge plus. Maybe hold out till March when the S7 & S7 plus launches.

Posted via the Android Central App

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I strongly disagree with your assertion about the Note 5 upgrade not being worth it. I find my Note 5 so much more pleasant to use in many ways...in addition to being faster and having more RAM, the camera is way faster to use for example...double pressing the Home Key at any time to go straight to the camera is awesome. I also find the screen to be better and to respond better to touch. The fast-charging capability alone is a major enhancement too....you can plug in to a Fast Adaptive Charger like the one that comes with it or a model for the car and the battery charges crazy fast...Lot of lot of good reasons to upgrade in my view.

The benefit of upgrading to the Note 5 isn't worth just being able to use the newer Gear VR headset. The changes between the 4 and the 5 are pretty insignificant far as I can tell. I was thinking of removing the mounting bracket from the older Gear VR and putting it on the new Gear VR, it is simply a piece of plastic. As long as the holes for the screws are spaced the same it should work, I'd think.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the Galaxy gear VR consumer EDITION working with my note 4. All you have to do is get a dremel tool and grind about a quarter inch of material out of all four corners and it fits!

Been using it for a couple days now and really loving it.

I don't think the phone will charge with the USB passthrough though, only problem with the consumer EDITION and Note 4

Posted via the Android Central App