Can I use the Samsung Gear VR with Google Cardboard apps

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I am planning on getting the Samsung Gear VR and I see there are apps in the Google play store and Google cardboard app. I was wondering if these apps are compatible with the Samsung gear VR.

Last edited:

lurch914

May 28, 2013
Visit site
You can just don't plug your phone into the vr lift the flap and place phone underneath would be easier with controller as can't use buttons on vr

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I watched a youtube video on this. Involves downloading Package Disabler, opening it, and checking Gear VR Service box. Oculus won't open with the phone in the headset. I tried it and it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
A lot of the apps in the play store can be found in the Samsung store as well. The ones that are actually made for the gear tend to run smoother than the cardboard counterparts..

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I watched a youtube video on this. Involves downloading Package Disabler, opening it, and checking Gear VR Service box. Oculus won't open with the phone in the headset. I tried it and it works.

This also allows you to STILL use the trackpad functionality on the GearVR headset as well.... Bonus!

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12