A couple of things happened when I got my headset with no pre-studying on what to expect.

First, I didn't realize I had to take the case off my phone every single time...and my case is the thinnest most nonexistent case they make.

I also found trouble using Bluetooth ear buds. I get a horrible echoe I can't get rid of, so I use the stock ear buds that come with the Galaxy, wire dangling and all.

But the biggest thing I didn't consider....

You have to keep your phone and also your headset spotless to enjoy them. I have taken a break, propped the VR on my forehead only to find I created a smudge so I have to log out...disconnect the phone, etc.

I do have one question.

What is the best way you have found to clean the VR lenses? The phone screen is obvious, and the inside lenses on the VR are flat, but the outside lenses are very curved, like half a marble, very hard to get down in the crevices.

As of now I use screen cleaner and microfiber I use for my Rx glasses....wad that up and push down and spin it. I haven't even checked if the lenses pop out which would make it much easier.

But I annoyingly find myself cleaning my phone and Oculus headset lenses before every session.
    04-12-2016 01:20 AM
    I have to clean mine a lot too, and mine fog up when i first put them on.

Ive just been using the microfiber cloth you buy in a 6 pack in the automotive section for a couple of dollars, Its what i use on my phone screen. I hate those little tiny eyeglass cloths.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    jeffturneraz likes this.
    04-12-2016 04:06 AM
    Is it safe to use electronic wipes on the Gear VR lenses?
    04-30-2016 08:26 PM
    Is it safe to use electronic wipes on the Gear VR lenses?
    I can't find any info, when I look up ways to clean it all I come up with are camera lens cleaner sets with sets of brushes.

I use monitor cleaner on mine. It's in a spray bottle. I use that on my prescription glasses, my tablet, my phone, computer, and now my Gear VR....

It doesn't seem to be bad for it but I still have a hard time getting the outside marble shaped lenses clean.

I'm not worried as much about the cleaner, I think your wipes will be fine...but we need a better "tool" to get in there. Maybe those pro camera brushes would work but that seems expensive.

I really wish the lenses would pop out for cleaning, would solve the problem.
    04-30-2016 09:00 PM