I want to know the difference between VR and AR. Which of the two is superior and why?
    03-24-2018 09:47 PM
    AR (augmented reality) manipulates the real world around you. Think Snapchat filters. VR (virtual reality) creates a completely different world around you. For example, a 360 video that takes you to outer space when you’re actually sitting on your living room couch. There is no interaction with your actual surroundings in VR.
    VR and AR have their similarities and differences. Which one is better or worse is a matter of opinion.
    03-24-2018 10:08 PM
    With virtual reality, you can swim with sharks. And with augmented reality, you can watch a shark pop out of your business card. While VR is more immersive, AR provides more freedom for the user, and more possibilities for marketers because it does not need to be a head-mounted display.
    04-01-2018 05:12 AM
    With virtual reality, you can swim with sharks. And with augmented reality, you can watch a shark pop out of your business card. While VR is more immersive, AR provides more freedom for the user, and more possibilities for marketers because it does not need to be a head-mounted display.
    I really dont know if I would want to swim with sharks...can it be whales?
    04-04-2018 06:20 AM
    Virtual Reality replaces your surroundings with a computer-generated simulation. So think of your average VR video game.

Augmented Reality retains real life, but adds a virtual component to it. So think of Pokemon Go or HoloLens.
    04-07-2018 12:54 PM
    Augmented reality and virtual reality are two of the ways that tech can change the way you look at the world. The terms can be confusing. Sometimes people think AR and VR are the same thing.
    Augmented reality and virtual reality are increasingly used in technology, so knowing the difference is important.

Augmented reality (AR) adds digital elements to a live view often by using the camera on a smartphone. Examples of augmented reality experiences include Snapchat lenses and the game Pokemon Go.

Virtual reality (VR) implies a complete immersion experience that shuts out the physical world. Using VR devices such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift or Google Cardboard, users can be transported into a number of real-world and imagined environments such as the middle of a squawking penguin colony or even the back of a dragon.
    09-02-2019 05:43 AM