Google Daydream VR

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just got a Daydream VR headset as an early Chanukah present. It's one of those presents where you wouldn't buy yourself but if someone got it for me, I'll definitely love and appreciate it. I've always been intrigued by virtual reality of the 3D visuals and everything. now, since it's my first VR headset, are there any tips and tricks that anyone can suggest to me? I know that it runs completely off my pixel 3XL. Does anyone plug in their phones while in VR mode or is that just weird? thanks for any suggestions and advice! I already have YouTube VR the regular day dream VR application, that's about it right now.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just got a Daydream VR headset as an early Chanukah present. It's one of those presents where you wouldn't buy yourself but if someone got it for me, I'll definitely love and appreciate it. I've always been intrigued by virtual reality of the 3D visuals and everything. now, since it's my first VR headset, are there any tips and tricks that anyone can suggest to me? I know that it runs completely off my pixel 3XL. Does anyone plug in their phones while in VR mode or is that just weird? thanks for any suggestions and advice! I already have YouTube VR the regular day dream VR application, that's about it right now.

Nice early Hannukah gift! (now just hope for a VR app for the other 7 nights!)

It runs great (better with the XL than normal, thanks to the higher display resolution. I would recommend taking it out of the case when using it with Daydream VR, to help with heat dissipation - the phone will run pretty warm as it is, so taking off its jacket will help.

While there isn't likely to be further app development now that Google has closed the project, there's plenty of great stuff out there. Netflix and some other media viewing apps work well, there's a number of good games (Hunter's Gate is still by far my #1 recommendation - very, very enjoyable, though with limited replayability) and other titles.

You can certainly keep it plugged in, but unless you're doing an extended session the battery use - while very high - won't drain your phone TOO quickly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nice early Hannukah gift! (now just hope for a VR app for the other 7 nights!)

It runs great (better with the XL than normal, thanks to the higher display resolution. I would recommend taking it out of the case when using it with Daydream VR, to help with heat dissipation - the phone will run pretty warm as it is, so taking off its jacket will help.

While there isn't likely to be further app development now that Google has closed the project, there's plenty of great stuff out there. Netflix and some other media viewing apps work well, there's a number of good games (Hunter's Gate is still by far my #1 recommendation - very, very enjoyable, though with limited replayability) and other titles.

You can certainly keep it plugged in, but unless you're doing an extended session the battery use - while very high - won't drain your phone TOO quickly.
Hey, thank you so much for your response! Yeah I've always been slightly intrigued by virtual reality and of course I'm a Googler so that helps of course. I mean I find myself losing my mind inside of virtual reality which is awesome!

As far as the applications I'm just starting to get used to them. I love that you can view regular YouTube and regular Google photos plus the 360 degree VR stuff as well!. I'll definitely try that game out for sure! Right now I just have a regular networking puzzle game on my phone but for VR purposes, I'll definitely give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion!

I was actually reading the reviews about Netflix, Hulu VR mode. I might have to actually try that out.

Yeah, as far as the battery life on my phone, I'm getting excellent battery life since I force uninstalled carrier services in my play store which is a huge battery hog unfortunately. So, depending on how long my VR session is for, I'll give it a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair