Are you able to wear glasses while using or do you have to take them off? If you have to take them off, does that button on the top allow you to focus to make it clear?
    01-29-2015 12:20 AM
    Guess not many people have this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-02-2015 01:01 AM
    Glasses won't work with them, but the button on the top does allow for focus adjustments so long as your prescription isn't too severe. Also, moving the VR up and down on your face helps you find your personal "sweet spot". I am nearsighted and the adjustment dial helps me enough.
    02-02-2015 08:52 AM
    Glasses won't work with them, but the button on the top does allow for focus adjustments so long as your prescription isn't too severe. Also, moving the VR up and down on your face helps you find your personal "sweet spot". I am nearsighted and the adjustment dial helps me enough.
    Thank you for getting back to me!

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-04-2015 07:55 PM
    Hello, I have glasses and am nearsighted. I tried the Gear VR yesterday, here's what I found. There is a dial on top that moves the lens forward and backward TOGETHER. Now this is OK, if both of your eyes need the same strength lens. Unfortunately my right eye is much weaker than my left eye. This presented a problem when I tried it. Adjusting made one eye or the other clearer.

Of course you have to remove your glasses, and the other reviewer was correct about a 'sweet spot'. Moving the entire unit did seem to find an angle that made it clearer.

But obviously I'm going to have to use it with my contact lenses. I ordered my Gear VR yesterday cause its too cool to pass up. But Samsung should have been more forward thinking and let you adjust each lens independently. I'm actually going to contact them about this. BUT I felt it's very important people with glasses KNOW this before getting one. Hope this helps!
    02-13-2015 09:11 PM
    Thanks, Greg, for the info. That's a show stopper for me. At the high combined cost such problems having simple solutions should not exist. Requiring the additional cost and hassle of contact lenses is beyond absurd.

I've found that my brain pretty well compensates for my minor difference in reality but not in VR.
    02-14-2015 02:33 PM